Roxio / Fraud and cheating

I ordered DVD player software from Roxio, paid them the money (credit card via the Internet), downloaded the software, installed it, and it didn't work. I assumed it was something small, but when I tried to call Roxio for support (they don't offer a website for support) they demanded money to even talk to me, with a minimum of $20+ charged against my credit card with no guarantee they could solve my problem.

Player problem: DVD worked fine in other machines, but on the one where I installed ROXIO, the sound was all choppy and could not be understood (even though picture quality seemed to be fine). By the way, before I installed the ROXIO software I could play CD's just fine on the machine, but after installing the ROXIO software my CD's would not play.

Obviously ROXIO has software design problems (other people have figure out Windows XP - I wonder why ROXIO could not?). but what is troubling is that they refuse to provide any type of support just to get the user up and running (I guess they think their software is so good that it doesn't need support).

A  31st of Dec, 2009 by
I purchased a decoder for windows media player from Roxio, after I paid for it and downloaded the product it wouldnt work. I emailed them immediately after requesting a refund and in response I received an automated email that did nothing for me. I cant even contact them. But this is not over.
N  2nd of Jan, 2011 by
I thought this product was terrible. My movie didn't play, and it was just a hassle. called customer service and was on hold for over an hour!!
N  2nd of Apr, 2012 by

Roxio - Misleading website

I bought the Roxio VHS to DVD software which advertised "Bonus Toast Basic." See: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-vhs-to-dvd/mac/overview.html
No Toast Lite came with it though. When I contacted them they sent me in an endless loop of answering questions I didn't ask. I have about 10 emails documenting this.
I assume they have a computer instead of customer service and I assume they do this on purpose. It's fraudulent.

N  9th of May, 2016 by
8 hours and customer service is still "busier than usual" and my first video, which "may take 2 or 3 hours to process", is still not available; I can't get a response on customer service line other than "we're busy":