Roaman's / Charging for incomplete outfit & S/H on unwearable pants

Roaman's - www.roamans.com

I ordered from Roaman's catalog a three piece outfit, all sold separately. I received the jacket and pants and not the tank. The jacket requires something underneath. Later the tank was on back order, then it was "unobtainable". They insisted on me either paying for the rest of the outfit or paying S/H to return it. I requested free S/H, Roaman's Customer Services refused.

Also, I ordered a pair of pants. I tried to put them on and found the leg was sewn closed mid-thigh. I sent them back with my complaint . They are charging me for the S/H. They will not respond to this complaint.

I have not payed the balance on the bill, which involves these items. I've e-mailed my complaint three times with specifics on the items and my requests to no avail. The final email I stated I was taking this matter further. I had been doing business with this company and its affiliates for many years. I have never complained before, but yet they don't seem interested in keeping their customers happy.

More Roaman's Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      3rd of Jun, 2012
    Roaman's - Website faulty, coupon codes accepted then denied
    Debora Hill
    P.O. Box 1181
    Santa Rosa
    California
    Phone: 707-843-3800

Last week I placed an order with Roaman's for five items. The website had a lot of problems, finally worked -- and registered, on my confirmation page, that a 50% off coupon code for the highest-priced item had been accepted. i received a confirmation email for the order -- no coupon code applied at all. I telephoned customer service the following morning -- btw, they have LOUSY customer service hours. I was told that no, the coupon had not even been entered -- I assured the woman I spoke it had indeed been entered. She promised me she would take care of it when the items came from the warehouse; I told her if she did not do this and the merchandise was sent anyway, I would return it unopened. Big surprise! When I got the shipping confirmation, still no coupon applied. Today I had an email from someone in Customer Service in response to a Bizrate survey I filled out about Roaman's in which I gave them the worst rating possible. Oh, wow...they were SO SURPRISED I'd had a bad experience...this almost never happened, blah blah blah. I wrote back to tell her I don't believe her...I'm pretty sure they are so lame it happens all the time.

• De
      20th of Jun, 2012

This is an addendum to my original complaint. When the merchandise arrived, only the 'shrug' part of a two-piece set was there; the other piece was back ordered until July 17th. The shrug was the piece that should have been 50% off with the coupon code. I returned it, and after almost two weeks have never even had an acknowledgement that it was received. I don't ever expect to get credit for it. Also, I received an email reporting that the other piece had been back ordered, and when I wrote to cancel that piece, I never had an acknowledgement for that, either.

Wow, these people give crooks a bad name.