Rn Real Com Online & Rn Rhapsody Music / illegal deduction of funds from my account

i was charged 38.00 for something that i never ordered and i want the money put back onto my account before i file criminal charges against your company.

Comments

• Li
      21st of May, 2008
    RealNetwork / Rhapsody - Unauthorized charges
    RealNetwork
    Hawaii
    Phone: 8082168069

I canceled by subscription, by email, for this company. I got a confirmation regarding the cancellation. I got charged $14.99 for the month of April from Superpass and Rhapsody. I let that one go because I figured I canceled within April and I was going to accept the charge. I checked my account today and I was charged again on the 15th. I ended up calling 1-866-597-5505 and waited on the phone for a while. I asked for a confirmation, the reps name, the location of their office, and an email confirmation.

28th of Aug, 2008

I too had funds deducted from my checking account from rn real.com. What company is this and is it affiliated with Rhapsody? I cancelled my Rhapsody acct in May08 and it's strange that the amount deducted is the amount Rhapsody charged for my membership. Please tell me what I can do other than cancelling my checking account.
    Joanne Nunes

• El
      15th of Sep, 2008

They have taken 1.00 out of my account. I have not ordered anything from them.

I wonder if they are doing this with 1, 000's of people. Imagine that is 1, 000's of dollars. Just because it's only 1.00 I wonder if they think that is ok, it is not.

• Re
      1st of Mar, 2009

I strongly agree with others who are complaining about illegal deductions from their bank accounts, it's internet highway robbery!

I noticed $9.99 being deducted from my bank account on a monthly basis from (5968 RN *REAL.COM ONLINE), and when I look up the information online I discover that it is probably relating to Rhapsody, or RealPlayer, neither of which I ordered at any time.

Is there anyone who have had success with stopping those type of deductions from their personal bank accounts? Please let me know by placing the help information in this blog.

I will Cancel my bank card if necessary should I can determine that my card number is where they are drawing their information from.

Thanks.

• Dj
      9th of Mar, 2009

Rhapsody billed me for 13 months after I tried to cancel my free 2-week trial in January of 08. I never noticed the $14.99 monthly charges until I received notice from Rhapsody that they were unable to charge my card last month. (I got a new credit card, so the numbers changed.) Awesome. They owe my $194.87, and I am now on my third formal complaint letter to them. Initially they offered to refund 2 months, then they upped it to 6. I never downloaded any music, and their phone rep informed me when I called last January that the trial was cancelled. If they don't refund the full amount, I am pursuing this matter up their corporate chain, through Visa, and through the Better Business Bureau. Their excuse? They don't care how much you download, they just provide access to the music. Also, they say I can't prove that I called to cancel. That's their record keeping problem, not mine. My claim is backed up by the fact that I never downloaded anything! Anyway, good luck to you guys and I'll let you know what happens with my problem.

~DJ

• Sw
      17th of Mar, 2009

I have been recieving SMS since the last few months that an amount equivalent to $14.99 has been deducted from my ICICI Credit card account No.4477474486021002.I fail to understand why this is being done and I demand an explanation by return mail plz.

Thanks,
    Swapnakul Mahanta

• Ko
      21st of May, 2009

Rhapsody Music is a scam. I signed onto their online trial and tried to cancel almost immediately. The screen said that I would have to call in to cancel. When I called in, it was someone in India. Later, when I checked my bank bill, it showed that they had deducted an amount that same day that I cancelled. When I called them back to complain, they said that the deduction had happened the same day as the cancellation so it didn't show up when I'd called. But, the deduction happened BEFORE my two weeks trial had ended. It should have been after. They said that they would refund the deduction in 5-7 business days. I'll wait and see.

• St
      13th of Aug, 2009

I know nothing of this place, first they try to deduct $95.00 from my card and then they deduct $1.00 and now $19.99. Anyway i already go my bank to cancel that card and file a claim for my money. its a good thing that its a debit card and not a credit card and i don't keep lots of funds on it, just whenever i need it to use. so thats why they didn't succeeded in getting that $95.00. The thing is it I have never heard of these people, never place an order with them and it really hurts me. I work hard for my income and to have people going about deduction funds. They would have a lot to answer to when God is ready for them

• Ag
      21st of Sep, 2009

I was charged $1.00 from RN Real.com. My credit union called me to confirm the charge. I did some research and found information on the Real.com website. GamePass (Fun House Games) is associated with Real.com. My mistake, I signed up for a trial period on their website. I missed the cancellation date by 1 day so now I'm going to have to get in touch with them and make sure they don't charge me anything more. I'm posting this so others reading this will know what to look for when these charges come through.

• Gr
      4th of Nov, 2009

I have a prepaid debit card and i just checked my account. Apparently every few days they try to take out $9.99 dollars. Every few days!!! I don't remember giving rhapsody my card number, so how are they accessing my account? I don't know what to do or who to get ahold of, but i am NOT giving them my flippin money!!

• Mi
      26th of Dec, 2009

My daughters new MP3 player software automatically prompted me to register for 30 days free with Rhapsody so I did. I realized immediately we didn't need it so i cancelled right away, which was not easy since they make their "cancel subscription" button so hard to find. Today I went to check my account and I saw I had a $1 charge from RN *real.com. I know a lot of places charge the $1 to insure funds are available, then put the money back but this is rediculous, a free 30 day trial period means just that, I won't pay for 30 days. Rhapsody is crap and after the mere 10 minutes I spent as their customer, and 24 hours and counting I've spent trying to no longer be their customer I can say I will NEVER use them again. Horrible company.

• Ge
      4th of Feb, 2010

i got this purchase of 19.99 on my credit card I originally purchased games online
    thats how i got the first charges last month they have your credit card number I saved it as my favorites and every time i went to the website they would charge me again i had like 10 charges for the same thing. The original purchase was for Game House Games
    I think they signed my up for a pass of some sorts. I hope this helped people out.

• St
      17th of Feb, 2010

I had the same issues as the rest of you. I ordered the free trial a few weeks ago and canceled my account the same day online because I did not like the service. Though I canceled my membership, the company "RN *All Access JAN 866-212-1343 WA"continued to charge my credit card to the tune of $12.99. The first time the unauthorized charge occurred, I disputed the charge with my credit card company after failing to get connected to a representative from RN Real (1-866-212-1343). My credit card company credited my account based on my dispute. However, I discovered today that RN Real charged my card again. A moment ago, I called RN Real and got them to cancel my account and credit me for the second unauthorized charge. Clearly, RN Real is a scam and is interested in slowly ripping people off. If they can take $12.99 from 10, 000+ people per month... Well, do the math because they are making a killing.

To deal with this problem:

***Do not dispute the charge with your credit card company until you...

1) Call RN Real (1-866-212-1343) to cancel the account and see if they will credit your card.
    2) If they cancel the account and will not credit you due to unauthorized charges after you attempted to cancel or never had a membership activated...
    3) Either dispute the charge via online access to your credit card account or call the company and dispute the charge(s)

• Ha
      20th of Feb, 2010

This place is ###. I tried their free membership, and cancelled right after. 2 days later, I found a ###ing $35 dollar charge on my credit card. If they keep charging me, I'm bringing this case to court. You guys should too. They try to steal money from us, we hit them back harder.

24th of Jul, 2010

I TOO HAVE HAD MONEY TAKEN FROM AN ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE NEVER USED. HOW DID THEY GET MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IN THE FIRST PLACE?

• Rh
      20th of Oct, 2010

I just got an 8.99 charge from them. I'd never even heard of this service -- let alone signed up for it. I will be disputing the charge with my bank. Where's a class action lawyer when you need him?

• Qu
      30th of Nov, 2010

I recently signed up for Rapsody 2 week free trial( I only used the service for a couple of hours, just browsed). I didn't even download a song & canecelled the same day. then today I have 2 charges on my bank account. one for $10.00 & the other for rn real.com online. I called Rapsody and they said that they charged 9.99 for the service & the fee from rn real.com online is a charge that is refunded at the end of the billing cycle to make sure the account is a real active account. THIS IS UNETHICAL. Other place like paypal make small deposits and withdrawls to check. so why can't Rhapsody do the same. Anyway they have agreed to refund the 9.99 & the other charge. So I guess they'll only make a penny from me. but it makes you wonder how many "pennies" they have stolen in all from everyone else?

• Na
      9th of Dec, 2010

I was charged the 1 dollar, but that's because I actually did their trial. And, although it's a legit business, you have to pay 9.99 a month IN ORDER to pay .99 -1.29 a song? I can do better...unless of course I want to download lots of whole albums for less than retail. Since I only care for a song or two per artist, it's not for me.

Not to say it's not for someone else.

Either way, it's a legit company, and you need to make sure you follow any and all steps to cancel. Most of these companies are good about that kind of thing. But, even for trials, you can be billed to make sure your're not defrauding them, so DO make sure you have funds to pay up to their full membership, or you'll have to deal with your bank after you cancel your trial :P

• Do
      3rd of Jan, 2011
    Napster.com - Doesnt stream since bestbuy bought them
    Napster.com

I have had napster for 8 months, paying $5.00 a month, and since bestbuy bought them, i have been unable to use it with my sonos music system. i am on the verge of canceling it, because right now i am paying for nothing.

• Bd
      22nd of Feb, 2011

To Cancel services to Rhapsody here is the actual ph # 1-866-597-5505
    Good number just used it to refund my account