Ritz Camera / Awful quality product

I bought a new Canon digital camera on the 'net from Ritz Camera, on December 5, 2006 for our son. When he opened it Christmas morning, it would not turn on. We tried everything! I have two digital cameras myself and we did everything I know, plus everything in the 'trouble-shooting' section of the manual. It simply does not work.

I called Ritz Camera at the number they have on the website to ask if I could return the camera to my local Ritz Camera store. I was told: (1) not only could I NOT return it to a store (since 'the Ritz Camera on the internet is not connected to the stores', but (2) I could not return it at all since they have a policy to accept returns of digital cameras only for ten days after purchase.

I explained that this was a Christmas gift and naturally had not been opened until Christmas! So sorry, the young man replied.

So I went back to the 'net and looked up their return policy, and it is as the guy said it was. But first of all, they should tell you that, since 10 days is an uncommonly short period for a return, especially if it must by by mail/delivery service. Second, most businesses expand their return period to account for Christmas gifts. Third, the claim that they are not connected with the stores ('a different business, ma'am'), why do they have the 'store locator' function on their website, which leads you to your local Ritz Camera store.

I wish to return this non-functioning camera and receive a refund on my credit card. No one should be required to keep a new item that does not work.

Me

Comments

19th of Jun, 2011

Stop shopping online, pay your sales tax and we may survive this economic slump. You want customer service go into a store and talk to a customer service rep. That's what you pay for at a store.
    P.S. Don't hate the store that sold a product that was defective from the manufacture.