RingtoneTimes.com / Do not use this company - they are scams!

On September 11 I was surfing the internet for free ringtones for my phone. I went to ringtones.com to see what they could offer. After I sent my cell number I received a Text that said they would charge my cell account $19.99 for subscription. I promptly called them back to tell the that I hadn't wanted to subscribe and that I just wanted to see what they had to offer. They said that they could do nothing for me and that the charge would still appear on my phone bill but that they would be happy to cancel my account. DO NOT use this company as they are only out for your money. They did nothing to help me and I will certainly tell everybody I know that I felt that I was scammed.

Va

Comments

21st of Sep, 2007

I have been text for a week now with riddles,i text them back and told them to stop texing me from care@ringtonetimes.com and they responded by texting me back sorry ur command is not recognized ,i need help please tell who to call i to feel that i have been scamed.

• To
      25th of Sep, 2007

If you get an answer, let me know. I too am directed to care@ringtonetimes.com and get no satisfaction other than the realization that I am not the only one. At least Verizon will block all text messages for me and that seems like my only option.

28th of Sep, 2007

I also have the same problem with my cell phone. I'm being charged $19.99 for data that I DID NOT authorize this company to add to my already ballooned bill.This as absolutly an outrage for this company to SCAM customers of any cell subscriber. They Suck!

• Ca
      29th of Sep, 2007

Verizon Wireless should never allow these charges without my consent, consent that I did not give or know about until a $19.99 charge showed up on my bill. It is an outrage and a scam. Verizon Wireless should be sued along with MCube.

5th of Oct, 2007
    Ringtonetimes.com - Scam and cheating!

They advertise free and then tell you later that there is a monthly charge. If you send "Stop" they ignore it and bill you anyway. It is time for a class action, why is Verizon and other companies paying them the fee. They must know where to send the $ to. Don't waste your time calling, they won't answer the phone!

• Sh
      5th of Oct, 2007

IVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, I WAS CHARGED 19,99 I HAVE TRYED SEVERIAL TIMES TO CANCEL, SUBSCRIBION.I CANT GET MY MONEY BACK. AND NO REPLY FROM THEM.

• Le
      6th of Oct, 2007
    Ringtonetimes.com - False advertising!

I went online and it said complimentary ringtones so i entered my telephone # and the next thing i know they billed me for 14 credits... I have a prepaid phone so now i only have like $10 left on there

I want my money back... What should I do?

• Cy
      8th of Oct, 2007

I have tried to email them on their site under contact and click "Send" and it doesn't even send. I am so sick of them with their stupid jokes. I'm going to press charges.

• Be
    RingtoneTimes - Unauthorized charges!

I found a "RingtoneTimes.Com" advertisement for a free download ringtone. A short time later I found out that I wasn't getting a free download ringtone but would be charged $19.95 monthly charge. I followed procedure and stopped the text messaging which had begun immediately --some corny jokes. To make a long story short I was charged $19.99 by VERIZON on my monthly statement. I went to my local Verizon store and the lady there told me she couldn't help me and gave me phone number to Ringtime Tones. Why doesn't Verizon stop doing business with Ringtone Tones. I'll tell everyone about my stupidity in trying to get something free. I learned my lesson.

RingtoneTimes - www.ringtonetimes.com

• Ro
      9th of Oct, 2007

They have a number (1-877 225 1198), but they're useless. The attendant was obviously from a scam country (i.e Nigeria). I asked where he was from and he said Australia. After
    complaining loudly he put me on hold than came back 15 minutes later. He asked for an account number to credit the money back. Needless to say, I said absolutely not. I called AT&T wireless and mentioned what happened. They stopped the service immediately (to prevent future billing) and put in for a credit. The AT&T rep mentioned the credit if approved could take a couple of months; however, it looks like it was approved already. I would recommend calling your wireless subscriber immediately and mention it's a scam. If you subscribe and cancel in the same day, you have a good shot at getting the credit.

9th of Oct, 2007

How do I stop getting messages from Ring Tone Times.Com . I didn't ordered anything from them, for I have Trac Phone. So how do I get them to stop messaging me?

• Ed
      10th of Oct, 2007
    RingtoneTimes - Unauthorized charges!

On October 10, I received an email from this company offering ringtones and I decided to see what they had to offer and when I clicked in, I had to put in my cell number and then they sent me a text saying I was gonna get charged $5.99 weekly ($23.96 monthly) and I never65 wanted to subscribe to anything, I just wanted to see what they had to offer and now i'm gonna get charged this monthly fee for something I really didn't want to add onto my bill and they didn't give me a choice. I should at least have a choice and I think their motivation is money-driven and their should be some kind of way that this can be stopped because this is just another form of slamming and last I thought, slamming was not welcomed.

• Wo
      10th of Oct, 2007
    RingtoneTimes - Unauthorized charges!

I have been receiving text mssg. jokes; could not figure out where they were coming from.After getting cell phone bill I called Verizon (my cell phone company), great help from them. Evidently they have had other complaints about these charges. I was credited for the $19.99 premier charge and was advised how to unsubscribe from this service which obviously is a huge scam.

Good luck!!!

12th of Oct, 2007

I just typed in cancel and it said my subscription would be canceled lets see if it really works.

14th of Oct, 2007
    Ringtonetimes.com - Fraudulent enrollment in subscription service

Ringtonetimes.com is a fraud - be careful!

On September 13, I followed the instructions to receive a free ringtone from ringtonetimes.com. It was not clear that I would be enrolled in a monthly subscription service.

I then started receiving a new text message every five minutes from 717-69, including:

- "Sorry, ur handset does not support downloadable contents. U will rcv combo club @$19.99 monthly"
    - "What happens when frogs park illegally? They get toad."
    - "UR subscribed 2 combo club. PIN:0684 for ringtonetimes.com. 31credits billed. $19.99 monthly. 4help1877-225-1198. cxl stop DH"

Following the instructions on the site, I sent a "Stop" text message to 717-69, to which I received the following reply:
    - "Sorry, u r not a subscriber to any of Ringtone Times's services."

So that I would stop receiving unsolicited text messages, I blocked ringtonetimes.com using the Verizon Wireless text message site.

I just looked at my latest Verizon Wireless bill, and I have been charged $19.95. I called Verizon, and they seemed unable to do anything about the charge. I also sent Verizon an email, detailing the entire incident, telling them that ringtonetimes.com is a fraud, and that Verizon needs to have a higher barrier against third parties' charges.

14th of Oct, 2007

I have been charged from this company on my cel phone carrier company & never used them for any ring tones & when trying to cancel they tell me I'm not a subscriber but I am still billed on my carrier.

• Na
      16th of Oct, 2007

I was supposed to get complimentary ringtones. Instead all I got was charged for some stupid phone jokes that I didn't want in the first place. the charges are$5.99 a week or $23.96 a month. For stupid jokes, I don't think so. I am complaining to my celluar company about the charges.

17th of Oct, 2007

I was not aware there were going to be charges. I thought the ringtones were free like the advertisement said. I was not even able to read any terms and conditions, it only told me to click on the box to accept the terms and conditions. I would have never agreed to anything if I knew I would be charged!

• Pe
      17th of Oct, 2007
    Ringtonetimes.com - False advertising!

Just received text mssg on my cell that I was 'renewed' for a monthly charge of $19.95. I have NO IDEA what this is nor am i going to pay it!!! I am now going to call ATT asap to complain to them as well.

Thanks and BE CAREFUL!!!

• Ba
    RingtoneTimes - Unauthorized charges!

I accessed this site through an add for free ringtones. I never knowingly authorized any subscription, nor did I know that supplying my cell number authorized them to hit my carrier account. Nor did I receive any ringtone service. They hit my Verizon service for a $22 fee.