Ringtone.com / Charged $9.99 without knowing!

Gilbert, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4805458767
Thought we were downloading a single ring tone and somehow got signed up for music triva text messages for $9.99 a month. Took me 4 months to notice and get if off my bill. Ringtone.com would not refund me even when their own records showed we only got 1 text message in the 4 months. Watch out and read the fine print if use these guys.

Comments

Ma
  28th of Jun, 2008
I don't want ringtones, nor charges to my account! Beware all!
St
  25th of Sep, 2008
I found $9.99 charge on my bill for 4 months (PREMIUM SERVICES), T-Mobile knows about this. Called 866-313-7157 for customer service they said my daughter had to sign up using a special number or enter from a web page and then enter a confirmation number from a recieved text message. Cost me $40 for 1 text message - beware!
Ch
  3rd of Apr, 2009
I downloaded a ringtone, and I kept paying my sprint bill. One month I looked at my charges and I have $9.99 chge
on my bill. Call up sprint and they don't know who it is. I don't text so I look at old text messages, and there it is that
I was approved for ringtones for $9.99 a month. That message was from dec 08 and i ignored it since i don't text. This company
is a ripeoff!!!
Ta
  25th of Aug, 2010
I subscribed Ringtone service on 07/25/2010 but cancelled it immidately after registration. I am sure that I have been unsubscribed from Ringtone.com by their text message. However, to my surprise, I was still charged a monthly fee of $9.99 by this stupid company--ripeoff!!