Reservation Rewards / False charges

United States Review updated:
Reservation Rewards - http://home.reservationrewards.com/

Some information regarding reservation rewards. I use my credit card for business regularly. I use priceline for hotels and air travel. For several years now usually after booking some trips online with priceline I noticed a charge for $9.24 for reservation rewards. I assumed that this was a service charge from Priceline.com, and I just let it go. After all I was saving lots of money with Priceline and the $9.24 was not really a big deal. This morning I noticed the $9.24 charge on my Amex card and asked my wife to call them as I had not used Priceline for the last 5 months.

Well here are the results from this mornings call. Amex called reservation rewards while I was on the line to find out about these charges. These are false they have nothing to do with Priceline.

The girl at reservation rewards is issuing a credit for $ 252.00 since june of 2005 for these phoney charges. If your bank or credit card co, tells you they cannot go back more than 60 days this is ###.

I called this morning about an explanation and am getting back $252.00. Millions of people must be getting ripped off like I was (thinking the 9.00 was a legitimate charge) after all when charging several thousand dollars a month the 9.00 is really insignificant. These companies thrive because idiots like me don't question these small charges.

Gotta go now I am checking my other credit cards and bank statements.
Va

Comments

Gi
  18th of Jan, 2008
I heard the same comment from my bank " not after 60 days".. and i did not bother to hand around. These pppl Reser Rew must have claimed billions in fraud like this..
Ho
  28th of Mar, 2009
Just noticed the same thing today. I responded to a $25 off next Expedia reservation and thought it was through them. I can't believe I put in my credit card # on the offer page but if I did I guess I'm partly to blame for not reading everything. Nevertheless, I am positive it never clearly explained this "rewards" program had an automatic MONTHLY payment of $12 to get the $25 offer (and other coupons which are available all over the internet free of charge if you look)

I called and explained how I'm going to issue a complaint with the CT Attorney General's office (which I am) and they quickly issued a refund of the $48 (which have to see if it's true but seems to be). I will also be telling Expedia how I'm not doing future business with them since they give this company access to their customers. I fly at least once a month so hopefully that hurts them.

Obviously this company is fully aware of their shadey practices and I bet have been sued before. I say this since when you call their number, 1-800-732-7031, the first automated promt is for info on cancelling membership, press 1. Then it's for hitting #1 again for info on how to "immediately cancell membership." I choose to speak with someone and he immediately when into an explaination of what Res. Rewards is all about and how I become a member. He offered to cancell my memmbership right off the bat since 99.999% of their incoming calls must be for this reason! I told the guy that I know it's a tough job market, but please try to work for a more ethical company!
Bo
  13th of May, 2009
I had the same experience with Reservation Rewards and Expedia. I had been billed $10 a month since June '07, presumably on making a reservation through Expedia. Yes, I should have investigated sooner. Expedia refused to refund my money, as did Reservation Rewards.

Bob
Fr
  29th of May, 2009
Can't say anything more then others have.
Same thing happened to me.
Stay away from Expedia for this reason!

Fred