Reservation-Desk.comhotel booking

A Oct 22, 2018

I was trying to book the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown on line. I called what I thought was the phone number for the hotel. I was told that that their were no more rooms available at the convention rate of around $220.00. I told the rep that I had AAA. He said the AAA rate was $255.00 and I just needed to show them my card when I arrived at the hotel. When I received the email receipt it was for $303.00 per night with no other fees listed. The total amount for 5 nights was $1, 518.00. I assumed this was either the room total with added taxes and fees or I needed to show my AAA card at the hotel desk to get the cheaper rate. When I arrived at the hotel I showed them my AAA card. They said I was prepaid through "travel web" and could not give me the AAA rate. The also quoted the convention rate (which was no longer available) as being $198.00 and not $220.00 as I had been told on the phone. At the end of my stay I received my receipt from the hotel. The final bill was $1, 877.64 and included no incidental charges.