Repairtech / Bad service

STAY AWAY!!! CHECK Better Business Bureau Rating!!!
I purchased a 3 year warranty on my Nikon Cool Pix 7600 Camera from Repair Tech. The company should rename themselves Rip-off Tech. The battery door clip broke (as many of them do because of a design problem as I later found out). As directed by Repair Tech, I sent the camera to their 'authorized dealer' Precision Camera (no precision at this company). Precision said the camera had physical damage. Repair Tech said the battery door repair was not covered under the warranty. The camera was not dropped or immersed in any fluid. The latch broke from normal wear which is covered by the Extended Service Contract. Repair Tech refused to repair the camera under the warranty which I purchased for $29.99. I called a ton of times and the calls are forwarded to a voice mailbox in which no one has returned my call (left over 15 messages). Precision said the repairs would be $145 including labor and parts. I purchased a new camera for the same cost which is better and faster than the Nikon. I have requested in writing and voice-mail that the $29.99 paid for the extended service contract be refunded to me as they did not honor the contract. Repair Tech should be required to contact all of their contract holders and either apologize or refund the service contracts if they do not intend to honor them. I have spent 30 hours trying to get the camera repaired between, calls to get it repaired, sending it for repair, finding out what the repair delays were, finding out why the repairs wouldn't be covered under the contract I purchased, getting the camera sent back to me and follow-up to try to get my initial service contract fee refunded. This is very sad and very illegal.

N  15th of Jan, 2009 by
I've had a similar problem with these scammers. They opened a new company with no affiliations to run from honoring their old claims . Notice how all the content is simlar to their other scam sites. I think the only thing we can do is expose these scammer for who they are.

The list of scammer sites

A  21st of Jan, 2009 by
Buyers BEWARE!!! RepairTech is an awful company and you should not do business with them. Time to put these guys out of business and have them stop stealing peoples money. I hope some lawyer takes their time to hit them with a class action lawsuit.

Here is some contact information I've found on other websites for the a##holes at this company. Maybe you can get through to them.

RepairTech Inc
Phone: 877-814-8324 (Previously Published, but no longer working)
Fax: 888-815-8324 (Previously Published, but no longer working)
Phone: 908-372-0767
Phone: 201-436-6000
Fax: 201-436-1112

485 Route 1 South Bld C Suite 205
Iselin, New Jersey, 08830

King of the Thieves - Joseph Saieda
Joseph Saieda aka Joe Saieda - jsaieda@gmail.com or jsaieda@repairtechinc.com (I read this goes the this idiots BlackBerry) (917) 577-9086 - Exec VP

Iman Mounesa - Manager/Supervisor
Imounesa@reapirtechinc.com or iman@repairclaim.com
Barbara - Claims Person - Barbara@repairclaim.com

Check out recent complaints against RepairTech.

If you need a warranty, you'd better stick with the safe bet http://www.warrantech.com or http://www.repairmaster.com
A  22nd of Feb, 2009 by
Warranty Resolution Center offers help for digital camera owners with Repairtech warranties!

Got ripped off by a useless warranty when Repairtech closed doors and disappeared? Well join the cub! Southern Photo Technical Service in N Miami Beach Florida, a honest, Independent Authorized Service Center got ripped off too.

Repairtech Inc. disappeared and never paid Southern Photo tens of thousands of dollars for repairs they did for Repairtech customers.

Southern Photo is stepping up to help some customers and created a warranty resolution center to help digital camera owners get cameras repaired with help from the retailers that sold the Repairtech warranties. Visit http://www.warrantyresolutioncenter.com for details of the program set up for digital camera owners only. Southern Photo cannot offer help with Tvs, computers, GPS and stereos etc. They only do photographic equipment.
A  23rd of Sep, 2010 by
I purchased a 4 years warranty through TOPCHOICEDIGITAL.com and now that i need a new bulb for my projector this warranty card seems to be worth nothing at all. Tried the website www.nothingbutservice.com and there is no website there !!! then I searched for NCS or REPAIRTECH and no luck : ( I also have a warranty through CPS and I'm trying my best to get something out of them but they turned my claim down once and its a battle. I recommend Buying from a bigger store next time like Costco. As I remember the BBB sent me a letter a while back saying a company i bought something from was being sued and that I could be part of it. Didn't think much of it at the time but I'm not Sure this was that Company.