Renault / terrible customer service!

1 South Africa

I would like to lodge a complaint following the repairs recently conducted on my vehicle. I am not happy about the service and treatment I have received. On 22nd January 2008 I dropped off my car, a Renault Clio 3 vehicle no: 4024046dwnzc, for service and to have its battery fixed as it failed to start properly. Your employee assured me that it was in complete working order. Thus, I collected the vehicle and paid nothing as it was part of the warranty and the maintenance plan I have, only to find that they did not make the repairs, and the car still won't start. I spoke with Mr. Wesser, your service manager, who told me, to bring it in for the 2nd time for them to fix it. Which I did on the 30th Jan. I was happy when I was told that the car has been fixed, however this was short lived as I was told to pay R1000 for the replacement of the Battery plug that was installed. I disputed this, as this is a new vehicle and I cannot be held liable for the manufactures faults. Then Mr. Wesser insisted that it was my fault and claimed that I Jump started the vehicle and if I refuse to pay they will remove the part which they installed and the vehicle will be towed to where I stay.

I'm certainly not happy with such comments and service, and I expect your dealership to fix the car properly as they should have the 1st time. As a result of the disagreement Mr. told me to pay only for the part and not the labor. I only paid because I really needed to use the vehicle and I insist that I should have not been charged for any of the repairs done.