Regency Furniture Store - Largo, Maryland / I will never go to regency furniture again!

I purchased a Sofa from Regency Furniture, at the Largo, Md store and I also requested for special fabric on the sofa. I waited 3 months to for the sofa and when I received it the legs could not be installed because the lug nuts shift inside the frame of the couch. I had to return the couch and wait six more weeks for this to be fixed. I received my couch back with black marks on the back. Two weeks later I sitting on my couch and the legs broke again. I called customer service and they told me I could not get my money back because it was a special order. The technician came to my house replace the legs six weeks later. One month later the two my son sat down on the sofa and the two front legs broke. I called customer service and requested for the technician to please come out. I was told that Mr. Lee the district manager would have to okay this. I called three and four times a day for one week before Mr. Lee returned my calls. I ask if there was anyone I could talk to since Mr. Lee would not return my call. When I mentioned channel seven news on your side I received a phone call from Mr. Lee that same day. The technician was send to my house and he took pictures and told me that the couch had been moved and that is why the frame was broke. I told him that the only time the couch was moved is when regency furniture picked up the couch for repairs. The couch is very large and I only have one wall that the couch will fit in my living room. I will never go to Regency Furniture again.

Comments

• Uv
      9th of Jan, 2008

I experienced the same problem with not only one, but two different sofas from the Largo, Regency Furniture!!!! The fabric unraveled the third day after I purchased the sofa they did replace it saying that it was a manufacturer deficiency however the front panel came off of the 2nd sofa and they did not replace that one!

Never again!!!

1st of Jul, 2008

Regency has sold me broken furniture and refuse to take it back. The customer service in the Regency Warehouse in Waldorf basicially told me I have to furniture in my home and she wasn't required to do anything and if I wanted to return the furniture that was keep %30 of my money. Regency has gotten the last of my business. Another friend of my just received her furniture from Regency after waiting 5 months and many many calls to Regency.

• Sc
      2nd of Jul, 2008

My wife and I purchased a pillow top Full/Queen matress during one of Regency's tent sales last winter (2007/2008). We had the mattress delivered to the house in Hollywood, MD. The mattress that arrived was NOT a pillow top mattress so my wife refused the delivery of the mattress and phoned the Brandywine store for some answers to rectify the situation. About one week later, the store called and indicated our mattress was in stock now and we could come pick it up. My wife declined and said, we paid for delivery so please deliver the mattress. They responded by saying we made one trip with merchandise to your address ma'am. She stated YOU shipped the wrong mattress to us and that wasn't our issue so PLEASE send the correct mattress to our home as we ordered and paid in full for. About 3 days after that call my wife called me from out of town and asked if I would go pick up the mattress from the Regency store in Brandywine, Waldorf, MD and I said yes. It was about 8pm and I pulled into the parking lot and had to wait about one hour for the men to load the mattress into my pickup truck.

If anyone with regulatory abilities out there reads this I sure wish an audit could be performed on this business entity. With the number of complaints about this company, I am surprised they are still in business.

• Bj
      24th of Aug, 2008

After reading all these complaints, I am deeply afraid to purchase anything from them. I had been shopping for a sofa & stopped in to look, but did not purchase, Thank God! A question though, has anyone sent their compliant to the Better Business Bureau? These boards are good to let people know how they will be treated when using a particular, but in order to get an advocate on your side, BBB must be contacted, especially those who have been told they will get no money returned!
    Not fussing, just a thought.

• Ke
      15th of Sep, 2008

the same thing happen to me, i regret buying from them, i wish i read this before going there, few month ago i bought living room set for 5000 dollars that i regret liars riffof bad customer srvice please think before going, if not buy some were.warranty is also lie.

• Br
      21st of Oct, 2008

Consequently, I have had the misfortune of two price increases on two different merchandises that was told to me to be wrong tags on merchandise located in the Clearance area at the Regency Furniture Store, Largo, Maryland. The time-period were between September and October of 2008. As a customer you do not expect fraudulent behavior nor practice on the behave of a store manager. The two merchandise had one low price tag in the clearance area, but, when I came to the customer corner to purchase the items--the store manager look at something in the computer and increase the price--stating this must be the wrong price, so, therefore I cannot give you the clearance ticketed price, but a much higher price--which took me out of my affortable price range. First I don't know what he was looking at, but, if it was the original price of a new armoire or recliner that was on the floor it should not have been compare or be the price of a clearance item. And the possibility of picking two items in the clearance area that both were ticketed wrong is no coincidence. I feel cheated -- how many times this suppose to happen before someone take action--with the two merchandise I did purchase was $570 dollars--he charge me $120 dollars delivery charge for two items costing $450 dollar. I know the economic is bad right now, but, unfair practices is wrong. Furthermore, to supposedly correct the wrongfully pricing items in the clearance corner to a much higher price is simply fraudulent practice that hurts a potential customer.

• My
      20th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a set from their Brandywine location and they SUCK. Their customer service team is awful. I eventually had to retain a lawyer to send them threatening letters. I WILL NOT purchase from them again. NEVA!!! They put me through he mills and they are profiting off of our sales. You would think that they would want to up their game in order to get a better rep. I guess not. A shame.

• Te
      27th of Jul, 2009

Report them to the bank and return the furniture. I made payments on a furniture set that was discontinued. I talk to that Mr. Lee person and he told me I wasn't getting my money back. I called and report them to my bank and my bank got my money back. I also reported them to the better business bureau and Regency was rated a F. I will never ever do business with them again.

• Cl
      16th of Aug, 2009

They are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. Never again. Never again. They have mostly foreigners acting as sales people and those foreigners have never been trained in customer service. Most of them come from places where fraudulent business practices is the norm. Two sales people tried to scam me by looking me dead in the eye to tell me that all the drawer handles were inside a dresser. They pretended to see them there. They did not know that I had already inspected the dresser and knew that some handles were missing. Their fake inspections and declarations that the handles were in the drawer were in response to me asking where are the missing handles for the drawer. Thieves and scammers.

• La
      24th of Aug, 2009

I was there over the weekend and found a bar that I really liked. After spending almost 45 mins. with a saleperson I decided to purchase the bar. While waiting someone else came inquiring about the same item. We both were told by the manager that the price did NOT include the stools, but the tag clearly indicated it did!! The manager said it was an error and that they did not have to honor the price on the tag!! This is BAD BUSINESS!! They could really care less and Iit shows and will never purchase anything else there again.

• Sp
      25th of Aug, 2009

I purchased from Regency Furniture about 2 months ago and my experience was great. Went into the Brandywine location worked with the salesperson for about 1hr to 1 1/2, salesperson had no problem with that. I picked out two sets of furniture bedroom set and living room set. They had to order both salesperson told me 2-3wks. I did notice on the contract that is stated 2-6wks salesperson assured me that, that is the amount of time the merchandise could take in extreme cases. My furniture came in about 3 1/2 weeks later, got delivery 3 days later, drivers were wonderful brought furniture in and set it up with no problems. Regency will continue to get my business and I will refer them to others.

• Me
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I will never EVER EVER shop at regency again. They delivered me a china cabinet where the door will not close. The service department will NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS. It took me over a week to reach someone. Once I reached someone they would only send someone out during work hours to fix my furniture. They would not even schedule someone to come to myhouse after 3! If you can not deliver a good product it is YOUR REPSONSIBILITY to fix it at a time convient for the customer. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I have never had this problem at other furniture stores.

• Tw
      11th of Mar, 2010

uh-oh. I didn't like the fact that it took a month for my furniture to arrive after I paid for it. I just called to schedule a delivery for next Wednesday and after reading this, I'm nervous.

• Ms
      7th of Apr, 2010

Wow, was planning on going there for furniture today and decided to look them up on the net. So glad that you posted your comments to alet buyers of their bad business practices.

• Wd
      14th of Apr, 2010

WORST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS!! We were told our couches would be here in 3 weeks, 10 weeks later we still don't have anything. Once our furniture was in the store it took them 3 days to call us to tell us it was in. I talked to the store manager Mo about it and he told me we would have them on the 2 days later. Now we are still waiting for our delievery. Each time I called the store, I had to deal with rude people.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! You can find a better place to shop were they will repect you.

• Nl
      19th of Apr, 2010

Well my experience hasn't been bad yet. I pray that it won't be (and because I know what to pray for now I'm sure that it won't). I will say that I walked around for about 15 minutes before anyone asked if I needed help (not good). However, after I did get help the salesman was very curteous. I was even able to get some of the price knocked off. IDK guys...

• Al
      19th of Apr, 2010

I just bought Furniture from them a couple weeks ago, and I couldnt have expected a friendlier and more respectable furniture company in my life. My wife and I have been shopping for new furniture for a month and we found their prices to be best in the market in terms of value and quality. I asked for my furniture to be delivered in a week and they were there on time with no problems. I'm suprised by all these complaints but i definitely will shop there again and recomend all my friends and family.

• Tx
      20th of Apr, 2010

Well I just came from Regency in Waldorf after visiting their stores three times. The staff was very helpful and I immediately connected with the Manager for a price reduction since I was purchasing several pieces. He obliged. He did state I would get my furniture as soon as possible but he did indicate it would normally be 2 to 6 weeks. He checked his inventory and did not have the bedroom set on hand. He was checking the other stores to see if they had it in stock and if so we definetly make every effort to deliver by my requested date of April 28, 2010. After reading all these email, I am not confident at all that he will have the furniture delivered by the requested date. Although, I too will pray and keep the faith that I have the furniture delivered then. I will keep you posted.

• Is
      4th of Aug, 2010

Well i was scared at first when the salesmen informed me of the 2-6 week wait period. The manager assured me it'd be here within 3 and within the second week they were calling me to let me know i could come pick up. I read the reviews prior to going in to the store but i decided to give it a try. I guees you have to see to believe. The staff at the Langley park store was very helpful. I'm enjoying my new dining kitchen very well priced.

• Gl
      2nd of Oct, 2010

I have had a bad experience with The Regency Store in Waldorf, MD, (Brandywine)they actually ordered my a living room set that was discontinued when they put in the special order, I waited almost 12 weeks for the furniture continuing going back to the store to inquiry about it and sales person working with me Fela and his boss Ahmad kept assuring me that the furniture was coming. A LIE! They now want to give me a store credit for half of my money because I previously had a another sofa and loveseat that I was waiting on, they said I could transfer that money to the new and I was told by my sales person Fela that I would get a full refund, LIE. I had purchased all the accessories (coffee tables, end tables, draperies, mirrors and lot of other accessories) and now I am stuck with them out of more money because they won't give me all my money back to try and another sofa and loveseat. My tables are very ornate so this is a big problem. There managers are some of the biggest liars in the furniture industries, I feel the whole ring of Regency stores should be shut down or held accountable by their deceptions to customer.