Regency Fireplace / Regency Horizon Gas Fireplace

1 6988 Venture St., Delta, BC Canada, V4G 1H4BC Canada, Canada Review updated:

I had Regency Horizon Gas Fireplace installed in my home in 2013. It looks good but that's really the only positive thing I can say about it. The operations manual is minimal and if you want to trouble shoot a problem you're having with the unit you can't. I called the dealer that sold it to me and he gave me the "tech support" number at Regency. I called them and the first thing they asked was "how did you get this number", not how can I help you. They told me to contact my dealer (useless) or the installer. I have had the installer here 4 times at $150 a visit to fix different issues with the fireplace. The parts that the customer handles like the switch plate and battery pack are shoddy and difficult to deal with. Most of all I very disappointed with there customer care and their lack of customer satisfaction. Do NOT buy a Regency Fireplace!!!

Re
Nov 25, 2015

Comments

• Zi
      21st of Mar, 2018

Do yourself a favor, Look for another fireplace brand!!! REGENCY=Very Poor customer service and dealer doesn't care as well. My gas fireplace insert when lit to put a fire on, would explode inside of the firebox. (Incomplete combustion). The explosion was so violent it blew the damper gaskets on the insert to shreds and the whole unit shook. I called the gas company and they immediately tagged the unit as unfit. Called the dealer and it took him a couple weeks to come out and look at it. He played with it for about an hour and said it was good to go. A week later it did the same thing again. Once again dealer came out to fiddle with it and once again it did the same thing again. Called the area sales mgr Bob McCauly. I might as well talked to a blank wall, as that is what he is like. He stated the dealer will fix it. Famous last words. When dealer didn't fix it right, McCauly wouldn't answer his phone. Typical loser. I called an HVAC company to come out and look at it; and they fixed the unit, of course at my expense. Works better now, than it did when it was brand new. They found the problem, something the dealer couldn't figure out. Regency didn't want to fix it even though it was under the warranty. Buyer BeWare--You will be sorry if you purchase anything that's a Regency product. Very expensive unit that works like a cheap scrap of metal.

done

21st of Mar, 2018

I agree with the complaint