Redboxexorbitant unauthorized charges

I used Redbox for a while and just noticed a bunch of exorbitant unauthorized charges on my bank statement. I don't know if these are late fees or what, but I always return movies within a couple days and have never seen anything on their machines or packaging concerning a due date. Maybe they have a charge for numerous movies at once? Maybe there's some way people are committing fraud with it? I don't know. But this is ridiculous, so I'm done using what I thought was a great convenient service for those who lack secure mailing or internet access where they're staying. Glad I kept my Netflix membership, though, and guess I'll just have to go without movies until I do have a secure mailing address again. I'm DONE with Redbox, in any case... just wow, wherever these charges originated, what a rotten way to do business. I'm reporting this to my bank to incite an investigation and try to recover some of the unauthorized charges. I thought I was paying a little over a dollar per movie, and now I'm out hundreds of dollars for a dozen movies over the past couple weeks.

St
May 26, 2013

Comments

• Re
      Jun 16, 2013

Sorry to hear of the trouble with your billing! Rentals are $1.20 a night in most places and rentals on the same transaction are billed all at once upon return. If you'd like us to look into any specific billing questions you may have, please email [protected]@redbox.com and we'll see how we can help.

• Ki
      Sep 04, 2019

@Redboxcare I rented 3 movies in august and turned them in a few days later. was charged almost 8 dollars on the 18th and then another 7 on the 24th and then today sept 4th charged another 8... why am I being charged for movies when I don't have any? how can I get that money refunded to my card?