Red Roof Innsovercharged due to incompetence, rude manager

R Nov 28, 2017

I reserved a room in advance with my Redicard account at Red Roof Inn Westport in St. Louis. Upon check-in, November 21, 2017, Syed told me my debit card had been declined. We used my husband's debit card at that point (from the same bank account, which MAGICALLY was not declined), but he created a new reservation and gave us a double room instead of the king I reserved online, and he charged $7 more for the room. Lo and behold, three days later, turns out my card was NOT declined, and we were charged twice. Upon speaking with the manager, who is extremely rude, has NO customer service skills, and hung up on me, she refused to refund the incorrect reservation (the one that resulted from her staff's incompetence and charged us more money.) I went to guest relations, and the manager STILL refused proper reimbursement. Corporate guest relations is sending a check for the difference. It may only be $7, but it is the principle. There are other Red Roof locations in the St. Louis area...ones that greet you with a smile, remember your repeat business without being told, and whose employees are actually competent at their jobs. Do yourself a favor...choose Red Roof Forest Park/Hampton. Skip rude incompetence.