RCI / booking fees

1 NV, United States Review updated:

RCI...greedy! Canceled a much looked forward trip to Cancun, because of the most recent media reports about Swine Flu, on the advise of our government, I might add. RCI will not reimburse the booking fees or apply them towards another vacation. Even the airlines are not charging rebooking fees in connection with this. It's ridiculous enough that I pay a membership fee to RCI, a booking fee for any vacation I wish to use MY week for (that's assuming they even have somewhere I want to go-which is rare), all in addition to the few thousand I pay in taxes for the timeshare. HOW DID I EVER THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA??

Re

Comments

• Eg
      9th of Sep, 2009

RCI SCUKS and that is all...
    Here is my story, I was called for a renovation which I accepted and also booked the same time a week in the emirates. However two days later I went to the doctor and was forced to had cirgury wich no longer let me travel so I called RCI to cancel the week or even move it to another date or place and what a F...king surprise as a special medical issue they were as a favor going to credit me 50% of what I had paid what I said it was a scam totally they never told me of such policie in first place and it was a medical issue I even called soon enogth to dont even have it as confirmed but they spend time returning the call. Worst ever when I decided to which other place and date they were increasing the price I got on screen for that same resort so I was going to be charged even more than the 50% they said it was 75% so I decided to better loose that money and never ever again book anything with them.
    So pls all people out ther be advice of the scam they are and some federal agency or someone should take in charge and demand them for non ethical practices and close them once for all.

• Mr
      23rd of Jan, 2010

I feel your pain... I don't know why I ever got sucked into the time share B.S. If any one has a way of selling them legitimately please tell me...