RCI / false resort availablity

1 IN, United States Review updated:

RCI lists hundreds of resorts as available for exchange however when you go to the resort on line and click on the week
you find a statment that due to recent activites the resort is no longer available. This notation stays on the site for weeks and weeks so as to provide a false sense of the real number of resorts avaiable. You only find out after going thru each resort. very time consuming.
I have sent emails to RCI and no response.
Check this out on the web.. go to their site, click on carolinas, then south carolina and then Hilton head and then the month
of MAY. You will find 5 resorts listed and 11 weeks as available but when you go thru the process on each one you will find that
NONE are available. Is this fraud?

To

Comments

• Re
      17th of Sep, 2010

I totally agree..they dooped us too at Coral Resorts, Hilton Head.
    We typed them a letter, informed them of the many misrepresentations, and told them we wanted a refund of all monies paid and to void out our timeshare contract. Ultimately, we contacted a local lawyer, he typed up a letter demanding a refund of our money and void contract due to miesrepresentation. This past week he contacted us w/ good news. RCI's lawyer is sending out our refund check next wk and voiding our contract. This being after 15 mths in contract w/ them. The lawyer fee was not that bad at all compared to what we would've lost to RCI. So there is hope. Good luck to you

• Si
      16th of Nov, 2010

I've held a RCI timeshare for 10 years. In those 10 years I've never be satisfied with the product $700 per year in maintenance fees, $179 in booking fees, $50 per year in membership fees and pay taxes on my 1 bedroom condo that I have the priviledge of being able to use for 1 week a year. The maintenance fees have gone from $350 per year to $700 per year. Recently I tried to book a trip on a Thursday and was kicked out of their computer system because they were doing maintenance. I tried again on Monday only to find that the rules and rates had changed. The week I wanted to book was now only available if I combined 2 weeks and paid a $99 fee to combine them so I could get the 1 week I tried to book earlier. I spoke to 3 customer service managers only to find out that they had the ability to book this condo like I had originally wanted but they chose not to do it. Talk about crappy customer service. I'm in the process of trying to sell or give away this white elephant before it costs me another $700 for the 2011 year. Do yourself a favor and never use RCI. Tell your friends never to use them and if you have a condo with them try to unload it as soon as possible.

• Ti
      16th of Nov, 2010

Reola, can you share the name of the attorney you used?

15th of Sep, 2014

I too was scammed into buying a timeshare at coral sands. They told us that within 3 months are other timeshare would be sold and if not they still would get a check for $8000 and that would be it. NOT We also were told that we had 21, 333 points in RCI but when I called RCI they have no record of it all they have is the week from are other timeshare. We were told that every year we had about 2 1/2 weeks to use at coral sands but then reading the contract it is every 3 years. WHAT A RIPEOFF!!!I I am not through with these fraudulent people yet. I refuse to pay anymore money into something that is so FALSE>