RCI / rci charged me twice for the same membership!

RCI called early one morning, 1/07, to tell me my membership had expired 9/06 due to my previous payment, made over a year before, [paying it through 2009] being rejected by my credit card company. I asked how could this be as RCI had my card number on file and I always keep the card balance at zero. They told me RCI probably transposed a digit and that's why it was rejected. I had recently sold my timeshare and RCI membership to a friend, who was out of the country on business for 5 weeks, so was worried he would return to find he had no RCI membership as I had promised. I paid $229, for a 3 year membership, paying the membership through 2009. Several days later I received a letter from RCI saying my membership expired 9/06 and I could get a 3 year renewal for $178. The buyer of my timeshare and RCI membership returned from the South Pacific and informed me that the RCI membership I transferred to him was processed 12/06. I called RCI and was only sent a partial refund. They agreed it was their error in charging me but said "you agreed to buy it... under the terms and conditions... there is nothing we will do for you." It took over a month to receive the remainder of the refund, this after many phone calls and emails. I can no longer recommend RCI due to their poor customer service.

Comments

• Ga
      6th of Sep, 2007

Actually trying to use RCI to exchange a property is even more of a nightmare. You are wise for dropping your membership.