Rainbow Appliance / Non-Delivery

NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 973-471-2001

Ordered a Frigidaire range from them on eBay because Sears had the same item but it was not in stock. Delivery was expected shortly. Rainbow subcontracts to Almo Distributing who has a warehouse 2.5 hours from here and advertises delivery nationwide in 1-2 days. Almo then subcontracted to Milan Express in Cleveland to have the unit brought to my home. Milan called yesterday to arrange delivery for last night. It is December, 32^F outdoors with snow and rain as typical for this time of year. Milan never showed up last night; I called them after delivery was supposed to arrive and they had no answers. Then I called them this morning and they said that they have ONLY SEMIS and can't do delivery residentially, but one of the employees has a company pickup truck. I spoke with the employee who refuses to deliver because IT IS RAINING AND HE DOES NOT HAVE A TARP TO COVER THE APPLIANCE IN HIS PICKUP TRUCK and when I suggested he could go to Lowe's or Home Depot to get one, he flatly refused to go buy one. HUH? So, he says that when the weather gets better he'll deliver it. OF COURSE, AROUND HERE, THAT COULD MEAN SPRINGTIME. This delivery snafu is unbelievable. Totally unreliable!

Comments

Tu
  8th of Jun, 2009
Everyone on this site seems to have had the same issues as well. I absolutely urge no one, and I mean no one, to do any business with Rainbow Appliance. They will sell you items they do not have in stock and then stall when you want a refund you will never recieve. ***DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM RAINBOW APPLIANCE AS THEY ARE ONLY IN THE BUSINESS OF STEALING YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE A PRODUCT NOR WILL YOU BE ABLE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE TO GET A REFUND ON YOUR PURCHASE*** I hope this company is brought up on charges and all victims involved are settled in court.
Al
  29th of Mar, 2011
REPLY from Rainbow Appliance.
Please understand you live in a very remote area where no trucks can get down the roads, only SUV and pickup trucks. We and all other appliance stores only have Trucks and deliver in Trucks. At the time you ordered the appliance from us you should have told us " Hey guys a truck wont make it down my block." But you never stated anything of that sort. What did you think we would deliver it other than a truck.