Quicken Loans / lying & arrogant weasels

1 United States

Quicken Loans was the nicest company around. I was told that our closing costs were less than $3000. So I gave them $500 for an appraisal. Then, they had our appraisal done and it was clearly low balled. They brought in an appraiser from 90 miles outside our city. He had the square footage of our house wrong. He had the year it was built wrong. Therefore the entire appraisal was worthless. Quicken Loans didn't care. My assigned customer service guy started arguing with me about how no one else could ever do what they do at their price. Then he stated that he had locked the loan with FHA and we could not go anywhere else. The problem with this was that this was a lie. I was also working with a local bank and they locked the FHA loan before Quicken did. I got an email confirmation from my back with the FHA information. So Quicken was not only strong arming me with bad data, but they were lying. Once I told Quicken that I wanted my appraisal money back he stated, "I am not going to argue with you, I am canceling your loan." and then he hung up on me. Call me crazy but I think I have a right to know what is going on, not to be strong armed, and not to be lied to. I felt like they were ramming me through their system so that he could get his commission and that was all that he cared about. What a jerk.