Quality Inn / poor service, run-down, dirty!

I stayed at a quality in where the halls were dirty, rooms to maintenance were open and visible, the pool was dirty, little to poor maintenance visible in pool area, the breakfast area was poorly staffed, not clean, and overall just sub standard for close to $100 per night. I was surprised and will never stay at a Quality in again.

N  27th of May, 2008 by

Quality Inn Maryland Heights St. Louis, MO. - Star rating
2434 Old Dorsett Rd.
St. Louis
Phone: 314-291-8700

My husband and our family stayed at this hotel. Hotwire gave it a 2 1/2 stars, we wouldn't give it a 1/2 star. There were garbage cans all over the place to catch the water from the leaking ceiling during and after a rain storm. Where there wasn't a garbage can there was wet carpet. The bathroom in our room had mold on the walls and shower curtain, not to mention the tub was filthy. Breakfast was suppose to be until 9:00 a.m.; however, before then they ran out and wouldn't bring anything else out for those who hadn't eaten. We wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!
N  18th of Jul, 2008 by
My family and I stayed one night and were not impressed at all. We paid $$$ for the night and thought we would be getting a nice room. The room was dirty with marks and some kind of matter on the walls in the bathroom. The ceiling had large spider webs on it above the bed. If that was not bad enough, my family had to wear shoes in the room due to the black marks that would collect on our feet from walking on the carpet. I love to travel with the family and stay in hotels, but was happy to leave this hotel the following morning. The only thing I did enjoy with the hotel was the staff at the front desk when my family and I checked in to the hotel. They were very nice and accommodating.
N  1st of Aug, 2010 by
We stayed at the Quality Inn 2102 S. Jeffers, North Platte NE. There was a note on our table that the town was infested with harmless bugs and they were doing every thing they could to keep them under control, but expect to see a few bugs. The first night we were there I got up to go to the bathroom and drowned 25 of these bugs. The next night. it was 5. When I asked at the desk for a discouont on our room at apporoximately 9:30 a m as a result of the bugs, she refused. I asked to speak to the manager on duty. She went to the back room and then came out and said there was not one in today. I asked why the placque on the wall said Mary Anderson, manager of duty. She replied that she had gone home at 2 a.m. I then asked why her name was on the placque and she replied she didn't know. I had to unpack all our luggage and go through it piece by piece upon our arrival home to be sure that we had not brought any of these bugs home with us.
She gave the excuse that we had a group rate so she could not discount it anymore. Others stayed in rooms without the bugs and we paid as much as they did.
A  28th of Jan, 2012 by
I stayed at the Quality Inn North (MI298) in Grand/Rapids/Walker, MI 49544. We had a reservation but arrived after 10:30 pm. The room was dirty and there was no heat (October in Michigan is cold). After fiddling with the wall mounted heater, we attempted to call the front desk regarding the heat and to get a wake-up call. Two attempts and no answer. It was the most miserable night that I have spent in any establishment. In addition to the cold conditions, the mattresses were so terrible that you could literally feel springs. The room was so dirty that fearing bed-bugs, I piled my luggage on top of the desk. If I could have left to find other accommodations, I would have, but I was unfamiliar with the area. The next morning, I complained to the front desk about the conditions and the attendant simply said, "Oh yeah, that was the room with the water damage" and took $10 off the $102.00 room charge. I filed a complaint with their national franchise and received no response. This establishment is near Grand Valley State University (my reason for being there). I will be sharing this experience with everyone that I come in contact with--parents, professors, and students.

Choice Hotels International Logo Choice Hotels International