Quality Auto Parts / Awful company

United States Review updated:
Quality Auto Parts
I really wished I had searched this company before buying anything from them. Would have saved myself not only my money but time & headaches in the process. My story is below:

About 6 weeks ago I did a online search for a 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada Front Grill not really expecting much as this is a hard to find part. Within minutes I received a couple of emails from different auto suppliers & Quality Auto Parts went as far as calling me at home. When I returned their call I was met with surprise as they said they not only had my part in stock but when I told them the color I was looking for the guy said they have it in my color as well!

I thought this is too good to be true (it was) & figured since I have been searching for this part for some time it was a blessing to not only find the right part but the right color. I ordered the part & w/ shipping it was $154, probably took about a week to get here. When I opened the box, guess what? Wrong part. They sent me a grill for a 98 not a 97 & their is a HUGE difference between the two.

Already upset I called the company's customer service dept. & was told I could ship back the part for a full refund but would not be reimbursed for the return shipping. Spoke w/ both supervisors Jessica & Marissa & both had nothing else to say but ''Sorry sir, but thats the policy.' I went ahead & sent back the part anyway, figuring I will settle this with them later, but when I received a email confirmation of my refund they kept the original shipping.

So now I am out about $50 for a part that I did not even order in the first place. What gets me the most is I could never do something like this as a seller on ebay or even in my own work place. I understand things happen but Quality Auto Parts should have owned up to their mistake & refunded me my original shipping expenses along with the return shipping. I don't care about their warranty or their policy, one thing I have learned is that there is always an exception to every rule!

A  22nd of Sep, 2012 by
This company is to be avoided. They sold me a specific body part for a 1992 model car and promised me over the phone that it was the exact OEM part and that if anything proved to be incorrect, that they would pay for return shipping and issue a full refund. Not only did they send the wrong part -- for a 1998 model, not 1992 as was specified, but they tried to tell me the parts were interchangeable and argued with me that the part was actually wrong. Then after I got my credit card company involved they agreed that the part was wrong but refused to pay for return shipping as had been promised. Do not do business with them as their word can not be trusted and they will give you the run-around when you find out you have been misled.

QualityAutoParts Logo QualityAutoParts