Public Storage / cheating those who evacuate

1 Waters and Dale MabryTampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-778-2028

I was in Public Storage for 3 months. I let them know a month in advance I was moving out, I reminded them a week in advance, I told them again the day before, and the day of move out.
3 weeks passes since I move out and they contact me saying I owe them money. I called back repeatedly trying to find out why, no answer, it would go to an answering machine for which they refused to return the calls. Finally, I sent a certified letter demanding to be contacted and they did, and the guy who contacted me said he was not trained to handle the situation and would have someone contact me back, which didn't happen til I sent another certified letter. Then I was contacted back saying that I owed them 2 months rent. I said for what, I evacuated my unit. They said there are still items in it which some may deem valuable, I requested to know what items that may be, they could not tell me. For weeks I sent certified letter after certified letter trying to get it cleared up, they now claim I owe them hundreds of dollars for the proceeding months after my evacuation of the unit. They auctioned off whatever property they claim was in the unit. They are now sending me letters threatening lawsuits and reporting against my credit. The sad thing is all this could have been avoided had I not dated one of their employees, who's boss had a crush on her.

Lo

Comments

• Ho
      29th of Apr, 2010

HAHAHAHHAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST STORY YET!

I hope you were able to evacuate! hahahahhahaha

• Li
      5th of Jul, 2010

im going trew the same thing right now and i dont have anything in there they keep calling me i have even had to get an attorney to tell them to quit calling me wut to do wut to do

• Mi
      20th of Feb, 2011

i think i know what you are trying to say but first did you mean to say you vacated the space not evacuate????/lol!!!if so i hear you loud and clear best advice DO NOT PAY!!! tell the collection company to run the gate code reports to see when you used your code last!!! thats the only proof you need to show when you were there last!!! GOOD LUCK!!!