Provident Funding / insurance fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

We refinanced our home loan from provident in 2003.Things seemed fine until last March 2009 when they sent us a letter saying that we had let our flood insurance lapse for three months in 2006 three years earlier.I informed them that I felt they were mistaken and i asked them why it took three years to contact us?they refused to answer and demanded that we pay them 300 dollars, I refused to pay it .I heard nothing from them for seven months.Then they sent me a letter saying they were opening an impound account for insurance and taxes and were going to charge us an extra 350 dollars a month.when I called them they were rude and informed me that they didn't care if I had always paid the property taxes and insurance since I refused to pay the 300 dollars that they could do what they wanted regardless of the contract we had signed.when I called and told them I was refinancing and told them why they rudely hung up on me.Anyone who has a home loan with them should go elsewhere before they try to rip you off too.

Comments

• Mo
      25th of Aug, 2010

Provident is in the process of ripping me off for flood insurance as well. They forced me into purchasing flood insurance when I don't need it and then charged me a $350 premium after I found a policy with an independent agent. They stated the $350 was for a two month period in which my home wasn't covered. Let's examine this, there was no coverage, there was no flood, there was no claim made against any policy and I owe them $350! Hey Provident, go pound sand!!!