Protection One Security / Fraudulent Billing/Extortion

1 1174 National DriveSacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916.419.1301

We have had Protection One as our security company at this address since October of 2009. We had then install a camera/DVR system and sensor system. We have paid our bills religiously, even though we feel strongly that we were overcharged for installation of both systems (the DVR had been consistently malfunctioning and the hard drive crashed the first week of December 2010). The alarm sensors were so poorly installed they left us in a very sensitive position, this was confirmed by an unbiased security expert from the Bay Area. Our requests to have the wiring issue corrected have been disregarded. When the DVR crashed, we were left without a recording or monitoring capability for over 7 days; this was replaced only when I threatened to not pay our bill. When the bill was paid, I received a letter stating that I was $1, 021.61 in arrears with the company and threatening collection. I demanded they provide itemized documentation backing their letter; they emailed me bogus billings and what appears to be a print-screen of their computer accounting (which does not print out). I have every bill and cancelled check to verify that I in fact am not in arrears nor have I received any billings for any type of additional charges that would have warranted this bill. I in turn called the company back, stated that I had in fact researched their company and found this to be a common practice with them, and that since I had over 31 years of legal experience under my belt, I will in fact pursue all remedy against their company under the laws. I am having their system pulled out of my office and shop, and hiring a reputable company that does not and will not engage in extortion.

Comments

• Hu
      10th of May, 2011
    Protection One security - JERKS TO WORK FOR
    PROTECTION ONE SECURITY
    Wichita
    Kansas

I worked for this company over 10 yrs and guess what when a new owner took over the company they started letting good people go. I was let go and they lied why they were letting me go because they could not just fire me for no reason so they made crap up. People do not apply to this company or you will be messed with after you give everything you have to them.
    thanks and good luck

• Hu
      10th of May, 2011

I know how that company is sorry to hear they did this crap to you. I worked there and they treat the employees just as bad as they do their customers. If you can let anyone you know what they did to you someone needs to tell the public what they do to the customers, I did when I worked there because I seen this occur a lot. It got worse when they fired the branches and customer service took over helping customers.
    Good luck to anyone who reads this

• El
      2nd of Sep, 2013

thank you for writing this statement on protection one and I can say for sure they hire shady people to work for them these people need to go away and not to cheat good people out of their working money like me for example i can not afford protection ones five yr contract but they are making me stick to it, I dont know what to do if you have suggestions for me and wife we would appreciate it very much my e-mail adress is (ellingtonmichael@bellsouth.net ) please write me with advice please I am working hard to pay this contract they suckered me into, help if you can michael ellington.

• Ci