Protect America, Inc. / Thieves

I like many others was fooled by Protect America. I signed up with them for the 3 year contract. I have luckily managed to cancel 60 days before the 3 years expired. In that period of the time 2 of the security sensors failed. So I called Protect America to replace them per their contract. They refused!!! They would replace the for free only if I signed up for another 3 years!!! What a rip off and bad customer relationship.

I managed to buy sensors by myself and tried to install them. This was some months after the contract expired. I have found out that they encoded special code into the alarm control panel so I was not able to add-replace additional sensors. When I called them they refused to give me the code!!! So it was like when you lease a car and after you pay the car off you will not get the keys to the car from dealership. You own the hardware, but you can not do anything with it.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Their (ITI GE) alarm is worthless. It caused many false alarms and I ended up to pay police department for the false alarms, caused by their equipment.

Finally I was able to contact GE and they told me how to reset the unit to the factory default. I did it and finally I was able to set-up the alarm system by myself without thieves from Protect America.

Tr

Comments

• Th
      28th of Oct, 2009

My system doesn't work EVER! It fails all of the time, and when they state they will have someone call to fix the "under warranty" system, they never do. They couldn't even get their payment system worked out!! They wouldn't take credit cards because of some kind of transition, then they wanted an automatic draft ... I told them no way ...not unless they fixed everything ... Now I just tell them no way! They had their chance!

I had someone tell me I could get out of the contract and now they are saying that I can't; the flip back and forth; and have no clue what is going on!

So I faxed and emailed them the same information that I am not paying for DEFECTIVE equipment, and a system that is not being monitored!

Everyone needs to file a complaint here if they contacted these people online!

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).