Protect America, Inc. / Thieves
I like many others was fooled by Protect America. I signed up with them for the 3 year contract. I have luckily managed to cancel 60 days before the 3 years expired. In that period of the time 2 of the security sensors failed. So I called Protect America to replace them per their contract. They refused!!! They would replace the for free only if I signed up for another 3 years!!! What a rip off and bad customer relationship.
I managed to buy sensors by myself and tried to install them. This was some months after the contract expired. I have found out that they encoded special code into the alarm control panel so I was not able to add-replace additional sensors. When I called them they refused to give me the code!!! So it was like when you lease a car and after you pay the car off you will not get the keys to the car from dealership. You own the hardware, but you can not do anything with it.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!
Their (ITI GE) alarm is worthless. It caused many false alarms and I ended up to pay police department for the false alarms, caused by their equipment.
Finally I was able to contact GE and they told me how to reset the unit to the factory default. I did it and finally I was able to set-up the alarm system by myself without thieves from Protect America.
More Protect America, Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Protect America - Save yourself a headache! 
- Protect America - Protect America is ripping me off and they'll rip you off too! 
- Protect America Security Co. - Borderline Fraudulant Co. 
- Protect America - Terrible company 
- Protect America - Cancelling contract within 72 hours 
- Protect America - trying to cancel, thought it was canceled now after 9 years they are trying to get 159.00
- Protect America - home security equipment and monitoring
- Protect America, - Did not honor agreement
- GE Protect America - I will steer any one I know away from their service
- Protect America, Inc - Questionable business practices