Protect America / Will not release me from contract

Beware of this company. Their sales persons mislead and give the wrong information. The customer service is inflexible and is quick to site reasons why you cannot stop a contract, despite the good faith actions of its consumers.

After paying $29.95 for 3 years I attempted to cancel the contract. They continued to take money from my bank account. I went to the bank and stopped that. Then I was told by customer service that my letter was not received on time, so I had to pay another year. I disagreed with them and now they have turned me over to a collection agency, which is a first for me! This a predatory business and I would never, never recommend them.

Comments

• Ro
      21st of Feb, 2008

Exact same thing happened to me. I fulfilled my contract and then cancelled my service. I don't even live at the house anymore. I now have a collection agency calling me saying I owe them over 800 dollars--as they renewed my contract anyway! Also, while they guarantee equipment they failed to replace and my downstairs doors remained unarmed, I begged and begged for the letter to the insurance company to get my discount...never got it. If equipment fails they will simply keep telling you to "replace a battery". We had experienced a home invasion and were in horrendous shock...the sales agent "hurried" us through as we were a "special case"..he said he didn't want us being unsafe..etc. All documents were quickly faxed...he assured me the contract was exactly as we agreed upon. I honestly believed he cared that we had been through so much and was straight up. This company got more than what I contracted for... I paid every dime, every month. If a company performs good company service they don't have to be clandestine about renewals. If they are doing the job people will happily renew their service. I have contacted the BBB and will go through the State Attorney General's Office they are having people sign contracts under extreme duress--I feel like I have been assaulted twice...

• La
      20th of Jun, 2008

same thing happened to me i now have a collection company threatning me to sue me for 800 dollars the alarm always went off without notice and police were always at my door. theyrefused to take the alarm back and never cancelled my service. I had to get the bank to stop it from being deducted now they call me daily and threaten me