Proflowers / Outrageous shipping charges
I have been a customer of ProFlowers for many years and regularly purchased gifts for friends and family. When I saw the promotion entitled "40% off -- it's time to send a gift!" I went online and selected a 2-day package comprised of a floral arrangement and dipped strawberries. I saw that the "free" vase would have an additional shipping fee associated with it, so I selected "no vase". I filled out all the forms and got to the last page to review my order, then was startled by the total amount.
The "standard delivery" charge was $12.99 -- pretty high and definitely higher than competitors. Then, though I had selected "no vase, " the site reinserted my "free" vase (highlighting it at the top of the page like it was a great deal) then charged me $1.63 for promotional vase shipping. The capper was yet ANOTHER charge of $2.99 for "care and handling"?! I have to pay extra for ProFlowers not to drop the products as they put them in the box for shipment? Wow -- nearly $18 just to get my gift to the recipient, where the gift itself just cost $64. That means ProFlowers is charging 28% of the purchase price to deliver the product.
I closed down the page and did not complete the order. I believe the way ProFlowers advertised this promotion while slipping in all these additional charges borders on deceptive trade practices. I definitely will not be doing business with the company again until it charges fair and reasonable shipping fees that are clearly disclosed to its customers.
More Proflowers Complaints & Reviews
- Proflowers / Freeshipping.com - Scam 
- Proflowers / Easy Saver 800 - 355 - 1837 - Unauthorized Charges 
- Ezsver Rw & Proflowers - Illegal charge on credit card 
- Cmgfreeshipping.com Proflowers - Free Shipping HOAX 
- Encore Marketing - marketing scam 
- Proflowers - roses for vday!
- Proflowers.com - Sneaky hidden charges
- Easy Saver Reward / Pro Flowers.com - Fraud 
- Proflowers - Overcharge scam
- Proflowers - proflowers order: 112124949929