Proactiv / rip off

United States Review updated:

I purchased a trial size proactive kit for my Son in December of 2008 Well, they never told me that they would charge my debit card $50.00 every month after that. I canceled in January 2009 and told them I didn't want the product anymore, It took six weeks to get a credit to my account. Well, six months later I get another package from proactive, this time I get overdrawn on my account $30.00 plus the $50.00 for the product. Apparently instead of canceling my account they put it on hold for six months then started re-sending their product. I came unglued. When I called again they said they would credit my account in another six weeks but they wouldn't do anything about the overdraft fee.

They never tell you about the nice monthly fee or that when you cancel they may decide to put you on hold and start sending again whenever they choose. This is not only deceptive but downright Illegal in my opinion. People need to know that if they order something from proactive they are signing up for a monthly RIP-OFF!!

Ni

Comments

• Sh
      Mar 26, 2010

ha they did the same thing to me! 3 kits which I sent all 3 of them back. They sent me to collections on them too. They gave me credit for one so they get 2 free kits and im out almost $200.00. How is that fair? Also I bought Procraptive from a keeoks thing in the mall. The girl charged me twice. They wouldnt refund that either. Funny thing I called the next day and told them. They said "no sorry we cant give you the money". What the heck would I need 2 starter kits for purchased with in 30 sec of each other? And the girl didnt give me my reciept either!
    So PROCRAPTIVE is a rip off no matter where you buy it!

• Lc
      Apr 14, 2010

I as well as many others was misled into purchasing this product on-line thinking I was purchaasing a one time trial package. Then I began having money deducted on a monthly basis from my paypal account. I called and complained and recieved nothing but poor customer service. I feel that I was misled and then basically told to deal with it. The hoops and circles I would have to go through to get refunded was ridiculous and not worth my time. A more satisfying approach I feel is to spread the word to other consumers on how bad there service is.

• Gr
      Apr 23, 2010

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you had this frustrating experience. From your post, it sounds like your issue has been resolved, but if there's anything at all that is still unresolved, please email our corporate customer service team at [protected]@guthy-renker.com so they can make a special effort to look into your account and call logs and identify how we could have served you better. If you include a link to this post as well as your name and zip code (ATTN: RENEE), they'll be able to find your account records and contact you directly with a solution.

Again, we're sorry you experienced this and appreciate the feedback.

Corrie (Proactiv - USA)

Jun 04, 2011

Got me too! Good thing I check my bank account often! They never state that it is a membership and will keep shipping AND billing you forever! If I see one more charge on my bank statement, I file a lawsuit against these theives!

• Po
      Sep 21, 2011

I am having the exact same experience. I specifically purchased a trial pack with no obligation to continue. Now another $30.00 debit just came out of my account, and when I called to cancel, they told me that I still owe $67.00. These people are no better than a junkie who would snatch an old lady's purse. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BANKING OR CREDIT CARD INFO!!!

• Fa
      Oct 25, 2012

Folks, under threat of legal action pursuant to the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, it is amazing what can be done. All of a sudden those who stated that they couldn't refund anything without the product being sent back, 60-day refund policy, etc., was BS. They IMMEDIATELY refunded the money to my credit card AND repaid the shipping expense. It should not have to come to threatening legal action, but if you know what you are doing, you can stop companies like this in their tracks. They are large corporations who would have to spend $300 an hour for an attorney to defend a small claims court filing of $100 - $200. Educate yourself about the law and your legal rights...it goes a long ways towards ending these deceoptive practices.