Privacy Matters 1-2-3 / cannot cancel membership

1 25 mynah drAmelia, OH, United States Review updated:

Cencerning credit reports and scores.
Was told this was free. There are 2 componenets. One concerns 'privacy matters 1-2-3'. The other is
'my identity.privacymatters.com'. I was charged $1.00 for each which is ok. A few days ago, I was charged $29.95 for each of above. This I did not expect and I wish to cancel but cannot find a means of cancelling.

Comments

• Tm
      8th of Oct, 2008

I've been charged for a service I was not provided. I curiously checked about my credit report and it's cost me, at least, $24.95. I may have been charged again, but I have to research more. Any help on cracking down on these scam artists? They need to stop.

• Ni
      5th of Nov, 2008

First, dispute the charge with your bank. Then, cancel the membership. The info should be on your bank statement.

I had the same thing happen to me, too. I have disputed the charges, but the bank claimed that cancelling the membership AFTER disputing the charges somehow meant that the charges were authorized!!! My next step (per my bank's customer service rep) is to hand a letter of complaint to the bank branch (which I'm going to do tomorrow). I'm telling them that this company has had numerous complaints about their practices (just look at /link removed/ for example) and we NEVER authorized the charges or membership!

• Kl
      21st of Dec, 2008

I have the same problem and cannot get anything about ti changed. It also states that a one year membership costs 29.95 but i have been charged that twice already/

• Ab
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I was charged today $19.95 and had to cancel my credit card and have a new one issued. I never heard of this Privacy Matters 123 until today...calling the phone # listed for them is useless, they want a credit card #, phone # or an ID #, an ID# that I don't have and I'll be danged if I'm giving out my credit card # to them...how in the "H" did they get my CC# in the first place?
    I hope they catch these criminals and prosecute them till they bleed~!!!

• Lu

I DONT NEED YOUR SERVICE AND IBEEN CHARGE 31.00 FOR NOTHING IS AREPOFF

• Le
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    privacymatters123.com

Privacy matters is linked to Classmates.com. They withdrew from my bank without authorization. Thieves!!! I joined Classmates.com as a Free 7 day trial temporary member, and gave them my Debit Card info to do so. Privacy matters then without my express consent accessed the information provided to Classmates and billed me $19.95 for a Credit report I know I can get free once a year. This draft to my account caused an over draft, and a bill of an additional $30. When I notice the ‘unauthorized' draft I contacted the bank and they canceled the card to protect them and myself.

When I speak to their customer reps (Maria, ID# 151322 Shanon ID #22363) they refuse to tell give me the PH# number of Gary Johnson 9500 West Dodge Rd Omaha NE the supposed owner, or tell me where they are actually incorporated. They gave me Compliance Department PO Box 5152 Des Plains Ill 60017 as a contact address. They are not registered as business in NE or Illinois according to their Secretaries of State.

• Ri
      30th of Jul, 2009

same problem, charged 19.95 for 123 and 19.95 for private matters "ID". can't find out how they got my credit card #. The membership ID is listed on the credit card transaction...i used that to call them to get a refund, so far i haven't seen it. Disputing the charges with my credit card company. I see they charged me for july of 2009 but then they credited me, but still have 2 charges i want to get refunded.

• Da
      13th of Nov, 2009

I want to cancel my memebership 491727632. credit card number 5588800005649126 my e-mail Dmartin75@satx.rr.com

• Ta
      27th of Nov, 2009

I was able to cancel my membership for the free credit report after months of being charged without knowing I had signed up! I never even got the first credit report, because they sent it to my old adress where I grew up, and had not lived for 12 years! Then I was taken again! I have used people search in the past years and never had a problem, so I did not have a problem paying around a dollar for a one time search, but the next thing I knew I had been being charged $24.95 a month for 4 months. Apparently I had once again been scamed by the same company! watch out!

• Tr
      28th of Nov, 2009

I used to have this service a while ago and initially when I signed up for it there was the separate $2 holds on my card. I didn't get charged until later. I cancelled the service and then months later the "my identity...bull" charge showed up. I called my bank and told them I had no idea who that was. That rep from my bank called the number that was on the transaction and put that rep and myself on a three way. She claimed that I had signed up for it and I told her I did not. It ended with me getting a refund of the money and after the refund I cancelled my debit card to assure that they wouldn't get another dime from me. Outside of that I didn't have a problem with the company. They sell you a good pitch because you are thinking $30 is a good price to get all three credit reports and scores and have them whenever you want them but it is the hidden $30 my privacy bull charge that gets you. I say if you are trying to get a refund to call your bank and if all else fails file a complaint through www.bbb.org website. I have found that most companies respond to complaints that are filed through that site. I just checked and they are not a BBB accredited company and have a C- rating which is not good but you can probably get your money back by filing that complaint. I was just about to sign up with them today again until I came across this. Thanks for warning me and good luck with your refund.

• Zu
      4th of Dec, 2009
    Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - MONEY BACK TO CANCELLED MEMBER
    Privacy Matters
    Texas

I had signed up to Privacy Matters becasue they offered to let me know my credit score for free, they just needed a credit card number to charge a "refundable" one dollar fee. I did all these steps they asked me to fill and when I arrive to the last page it says that they could NOT tell me my credit score because it was unavailable. I let 3 days pass and signed in to "my account", and it still kept on showing the same thing. Then my debit card statement arrived to my house and it showed two charge amouts from Privacy Matters: ome membership for the account and one membership to member club saving when I had NOT even asked for that. They charged me 30 for one membership and 36 for the second one each one causing me an overdraft fee of 29 dollars. I complained about it and they refunded me just 29 dollars to my account. It was just a month away from that that another bank statement arrived to me and it showed another charge of 29.95 to my account causing another 29 dollars overdraft fee, and the next month the same. I want this company to refund me MY MONEY because I am no longer a member of this unreliable company. I want my two 29.95 member ship charge plus the two 29 dollars overdraft fees bacause I DID NOT authorize at any moment any charge to my account. I am very unsastisfied with this campoany because what they are doing is fraud. I want them to contact me to put an end to this situation because I am not going to let this situation go any further. I am going to start contacting with other users that have the same problems and if this situation does not come to an end I will sue this company for fraudulent charges. My bank account is no longer secure from thefts because now this company is charging me money causing my finances to go down. I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Kn
      5th of Dec, 2009

I just looked at my credit card bill, and I have a $19.95 bill from Privacym, and it is apparently this same firm, Privacy Matters 1-2-3. I never ordered dip from this company, and the first thing Monday morning I am calling and asking for my money back. I don't know how they got my credit card number, unless they saved it from something I did about three years ago. I am somewhat disturbed about this, but know of nothing I can do except call the company.

• Rs
      14th of Dec, 2009
    Privacy Matters 1-2-3 - Billing
    Phone: 727-712-0152

I called the number listed on my caller-id and received a message that said to contact Customer Service at 1-866-434-6600, between 9:00A and 5:00P. I just wanted to pass this information to all of you who got the same thing I got.
    God Bless You All

• Co
      1st of Jan, 2010

I have NEVER USED or have ANY IDEA what this company, Privacy Matters 123, is . Somehow they have been drafting money our of our account for over a year and we just caught it. I have had to cancel my debit card. The owe us a few hundred dollars and I will get my money back or I will take further action. THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND IT IS A FORM OF THEFT. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT OUR INFO, BUT HOW THEY GOT IT WAS AGAINST OUR RIGHTS.

• Ho
      11th of Mar, 2010

I checked the company out on the ohio secretary of state web site:

Http: / / www2. Sos. State. Oh. Us / pls / portal / portal_bs. Bs_qry_bus_information1. Show_parms

It is operated by a joe adams.

The company address is:
    98 st rt 303
    Streetsboro, oh 44241 - 5244

When i looked up the address, it was an empty lot owned by:

Lasser realty llc
    154 st rt 303
    Streetsboro, oh 44241 usa

You can find joe adams and his phone number by looking him up on this site:

Http: / / anywho.com /

Enter his name, city: streetsboro, state: ohio

Joe adams and joseph h adams are the same person.

• Ka
      19th of May, 2011
    Oregon

beginning August 2010 I have had $19.95 a month withdrawn for a 'membership' I never signed up for or authorized. I demand all monies be returned.

• Ca
      14th of Nov, 2011
    Privacy Matters 1-2-3

Privacy Matters states that they allow you a 7 day free trial- by this they do not allow you a full 7 days BEWARE cancel in at least 5 days OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED! The are unethical, 6the lady was rude and gave me a million excuses that that was nothow the program worked...so another words as they say NOTHING IS FREE!