Primus Canada / customer services

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Be aware before starting service with primus canada!!!
I been primus canada customer for few months and I am really glad that I cancelled this service. During my service tenure, I had to wait almost an hour before talking with customer service rep. Also rep. Is from india and unable to understand. Also they charging $4.95 for long distance service which I never used and no explaination or refund for such charges. There were service interruption including completely dead phone line for days and could not talk to customer service even.

After painful period, when I requested to cancelled services, there were horrible experience to process my cancellation request. Note, that there is $9.95 charge to cancel internet service, so call hardware handling charge. As they charge in beginning of month, I had to call few times to get my credit back for internet and phone service. Customer service told me that they will not refund you amount $11 as there are lot more charges involved. At the same time, they can charge for amount less than $5. What a rediculus rules!!! Even refund processed, I haven't received any single penny for my refund. God knows when I gonna get my credit money back but writing this to make readers aware of such spams. For any small inquiry, you have to wait for almost an hour on phone and then lucky if you could talk to right person who can really understand and resolve your problem.

For small difference, bell is better choice!!!

Comments

• Mo
      8th of Sep, 2009

I was excited to find such a wonderful offer for the services I required from Primus Canada and ordered well in advance to my move to set up service. I prepaid for my purchased modem through them and awaited for my service in great anticipation.

I called after moving to check on exactly what date my service would begin. Only to be informed that I would be having a technician at my house the following day! I made the last minute arrangements with my work to be home for the technician, who knew?!

I waited all morning and thought I would check on his whereabouts. I called their customer service and was told by a computer that it would be a 40 minute wait on line. Calling from a cell phone I opted to hang up. About a half hour later, lo and behold, Primus calls me! Guess what? To tell me they have no service to give me in my area and I would have to wait until someone in my area moved which could be up to a month. Needless to say I was furious.

I asked for a manager to call me, which never happened. Hours later I called again and was told we are very sorry but they have no service for me. I said lets cancel and you send me a refund for the equipment I have not received. Oh sure we can do that they inform me. It will take 90 days to process.

Moral of this story. Stick to the big guys like Bell and Rogers. It may cost a bit more, but alot less headache.

18th of Nov, 2009

I have just switched over to Primus and received my first bill. for a total of 16 days, you have the nerve to charge $206.27!!!

what kind of a business are you people running. all that i signed up for was the triple bundle plus $10.00 a month for long distance.

plus renting my modem, not buying it. You are charging me $19.95 for truly unlimited Canada, $1.00 for Anytime Asia, $1.00 for

dime time and $2.95 for five any time. These services were not ordered by me and I have no use for them. You are also trying to charge

me $ 34.17 for triple bundle from Oct. 23 to Nov. 08. My internet did not become active until Nov. 6.

You are also charging me $ 1.71 for features that are supposed to be free, unlimited international at $3.12, $0.78 and $ 1.25 for non

published, what ever that is. So, what are we going to do about this. I don't think the CRTC has an inkling to your business conduct,

but I think that they would be quite interested, with all other complaints when it becomes time to renew your operating license.

I figurre that on this first bill you have over charged me about $100.00. My monthly bill should be approximately $82.00.

Keith Grant

• Pa
      11th of Sep, 2014

I wished I had never even contacted this company for information. But I did sign up. They sent service tech no modem. Then told me they were to busy and would send a service tech in 6 weeks, because I was not ready when the tech came even though they forgot to ship the modem.

Then after 6 hours of wait time on the phone in total I just cancelled everything and asked for return labels. Nothing yet. I just called to see what was happening as they sent me a monthly bill for services I don't have. They didn't think I was serious about cancelling and are sending the labels now.

COMPANY IS A REALLY BAD NIGHTMARE. I WOULD GO WITH OUT INTERNET IF THEY WERE THE LAST COMPANY ON EARTH.

Stay away.