Power Windows and Siding / Don't Let These People in your Home
I was approached in my front yard by a very nice young guy with a company polo shirt and clipboard. He told me that they had done some work in the neighborhood and asked me if I wanted a free estimate for new windows. I said sure, not knowing what I was getting into. He placed me on the phone with a company rep who scheduled an appointment the following evening for 7:30pm. The salesman arrived and unpacked a variety of equipment and launched into a 2 hour long (literally 2 hours) sales pitch. I interjected several times asking him to get to the point, we had a long day, had not eaten dinner yet, etc., but there was no deterring this guy from the obvious script that the company gave him. After an eternity when he finally got to their numbers, the prices were astronomical. We turned him down, at which point he suddenly came up with several discounts that he could apply, including a low rate that only applied if we committed that night. I asked him to leave us with the estimate and we would be in touch. He replied that he could not leave a written estimate, as it was against company policy. Also I wanted to know where the alleged recent work in our neighborhood was done so I could take a look. Of course he could not tell me, and I now suspect that was also a lie.
DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE IN YOUR HOUSE. THEY WILL STAY FOR 2 HOURS WITH A BAG OF TRICKS. ANY COMPANY THAT PROMISES YOU A FREE ESTIMATE BUT THEN WILL NOT GIVE IT IN WRITING, PLUS HAS A LOWER PRICE THAT ONLY APPLIES IF YOU COMMIT THAT NIGHT IS SHADY, SHADY, SHADY.
Salesman was a nice young guy though. You gotta feel bad b/c these are some of the only jobs out there right now.
More Power Windows and Siding Complaints & Reviews
- Power Home Remodeling Group - Power HRG -- Say 'No Thank You' 
- Power Windows and Siding - Know what you are signing! 
- Power Windows and Siding - Sales forced on home owner. False terms and conditions! 
- Power Windows and Siding - Don't spend the money!!!! 
- Power Windows and Siding - Soliciting/ Illegal installation 
- Power Home Remodeling Group [PHRG] - sales tactics/cost/taking advantage of elderly
- Power Home Remodeling Group - dumpster delivery
- Power Home Remodeling Group [PHRG] - service
- Power Home Remodeling Group [PHRG] - windows
- Power Home Remodeling Group - constant harassment after telling them no