PODS / pods it my car

Portland, United States Review updated:
Phone: 971-271-4294

PODS dropped of a pod on our narrow Portland Oregon streets for my new neighbor when he moved in. When the picked up the pod they obviously had issues with the narrow streets proceeding to tear up the neighbors yard and backing into my car (fairly nice sports car) in the process. Filed with insurance company and PODS sending each pictures and info as well as filed a police report. PODS said they would respond within 48 hours of the claim. Two weeks and nothing. Insurance company told me PODS was giving them the run around and making communications impossible. After almost four weeks I let them know they needed to resolve this now or I would file in small claims, contact the press, and escalate my police report on the hit and run incident. They were hostile and did not seem to care. Looks like the individual loses to the business again. Fun. I get to do all the work to file papers in court and such. I wonder if they will even show up?

Jg
Jan 28, 2015

Comments

• Va
      10th of Jul, 2008
    PODS - Be careful giving your debit/credit card to PODS
    www.pods.com

PODS made unauthorized charges to our credit card. They refunded part of the money, but still owe us 727.92 after two weeks. Luckily this has not yet caused us an overdraft.

Repeated phone and email contact has gotten no reply. No one from PODS has contacted us.

Be careful giving your debit/credit card to PODS!

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2010
    PODS - They are the worst thing on earth
    pods.com

If you or someone you no is going to move DONT USE PODS. they are the worst thing on earth. they sent two pricing quotes. the first was 2000 dollars, the second 6000 then the bill was 6983 never been so insulted ever!!!

• Se
      3rd of Mar, 2010
    PODS - Their price was almost double that of the full-service movers
    pods.com

Just got a quote from PODs ...their price was almost double that of the full-service movers! On top of that, their customer service rep was rude. No thanks!!

• To
      4th of May, 2010
    PODS - After ordering a container a month in advance they canceled 4 hrs. before delivery
    pods.com

After ordering a container a month in advance they canceled 4 hrs. before delivery. This was at the end of the month on Thanksgiving weekend for our 2000 mile relocation. Also upon deeper review of the contract I found many discrepancies in their billing. I would never recommend them. NEVER EVER.

• Co
      11th of May, 2010

Togemmer,

We are in receipt of your complaint with PODS Enterprises, Inc and we are concerned about the service you are reporting. We would like to assist with bringing some resolution to the situation. Would you please provide your PODS Enterprises, Inc. account information via email address below and we would be happy to assist. We have also provided a toll free number for your reference.

[protected]@pods.com

(888) 776-7637 ext. 6303

PODS Enterprises, Inc.

• Fr
      24th of May, 2010
    PODS - Stay far away from them
    pods.com

I was quoted a price for my move and the representative stated I could change to the local rate when my pod arrived to my location. The next representative and manager stated that was not valid and asked if i was confused. I know what I heard from the representative.

• Ha
      20th of Oct, 2011
    PODS - Unorganized Mess
    PODS

I received a quote from pakrat that was lower than pods, but pods decided to match what pakrat quoted. My things have been stored for 2 months now and pods has lost the quote they sent me. They asked that i call them back and i've now been on hold for over 20 minutes! This company is unorganized and their customer service is awful!!! Do not use this company for storage and a move!

27th of Jan, 2012

I have been dealing with pod issues since receiving my credit card statement with of course the wrong amount charged. I too have a written quote that was emailed to me prior to me contracting their service. They have since been charging me between $109.95-$121.95 more per month for storage than my written quote. I have spent over 5 hours in phone calls and emails trying to get this resolved. This company could care less if i am an unsatisfied customer. I have gotten nothing but the run around. I have been told i would get credits for all months (3 so far) on my last credit card billing. Got my statement yesterday, and nothing. I call and they say that i did receive the credits... Called my credit card company, nope absolutely no credits on the account at all. I was told this morning that i would only receive a credit of $50, and only for the last two billings??? What is wrong with this company??? I would strongly not recommend this company to anyone!!!

31st of Mar, 2014
    PODS - BS scam

After trying 2x to obtain a quote with phone rep, I gave up in complete disgust.

Double Talk, can't provide what I requested, absolute ###s!

I went to "PACK RAT" and obtained the right solution for my move with NO BS>

• Do
      2nd of Jan, 2017

I have been so entirely frustrated with PODS and especially with the inability to speak to a local representative who is in Milpitas, California, but I cannot get a phone or email to contact them. They refused to set a pick up date for the units and so I am disputing current and future charges with my credit card provider. Have spent hours...literally...on hold, transferring from one person to another, being disconnected, calling back, etc. Wrote the following to CEO, John Koch.
    Email to PODS CEO, John Koch from this site:

Hello John,
    My name is Doug Andrews and I would appreciate your help. My account number is 131365777. I rented two PODS units in August 2016. They were to be relocated at the end of October but there had been some early rain and the driver could not move them. Three other attempts were made but unsuccessful due to wet ground. Two other options were offered for removing the units but PODS reps have failed to return my calls, moved me from one operator to another or put me on hold for hours (no exageration). I finally hired a moving company to empty the units and we moved into a new home on November 7. The owner of the property where the PODS are located has also called your customer service hotline but been promised pickups that never happened. I have no way of contacting the local rep in Milpitas, Califorina and he has failed to call me for many weeks despite a promise that he would do so. I cancelled auto charges to my credit card at the beginning of December. Without an effort on your company's part to resolve this relatively simple issue, I really am at a loss for what to do. Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks,