Plenty Of Fish / scams

Canada, United States Review updated:

I was on Plenty of Fish for a couple of years and met a lot of scammers. I got used to their games so that I could detect them early on. Recently, I met a scammer, who pretended that he was really nice and liked me. I knew it was too good to be true. He sent me messages on Plenty of Fish, then he asked if I had been talking to anyone else on there. I told him I came across a couple of scammers. He almost immediately left the site, so I knew that he was one. He told me a lie about his exwife wanting to get back together. Then he was calling me every other day and pretending to like me. Two days ago, he left me a message with insulting comments and told me that he had my personal information, so I better not contact him again. I reported him to law enforcement.

Jc
May 07, 2016

Comments

• Jt
      Jun 15, 2016

There are psychopaths and scammers on POF and other dating sites, it's true. But I've actually met a few nice people, too. I have mixed feelings about online dating sites, but I'm still on several of them. I also screen very carefully. I've reported harassers and stalkers a few times. But to this day, I have 2 good friends I met on POF that I've been friends with 3 years. I have one friend I met on OK Cupid that I've been friends with for 4 years. As for dating, I haven't had great luck, but I wouldn't call them actual scammers. Unfortunately, online dating sites appear to draw a lot of disordered types. Some are trying to date multiple people and lying about it. I wouldn't exactly call it a scam, but it certainly borders on it.