[Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing / Writer's Life / unauthorized monthly visa card charges.

Carolina USA, United States Review updated:

I have only just noticed the repetitive pattern of deductions from my Visa Debit Card by this company, because, having bought a few of their online ebooks, I was accustomed to seeing their "Platinum Millennium" details on my bank statement. It was only when I saw the latest one, on 19/01/17, that I decided to check, because I have not ordered anything recently.
To my horror, I found a clear monthly pattern of deductions from my Visa account. The actual amount varies because of the varying exchange rate between the USA and Australian dollar, but is between A$26 and A$28, plus foreign exchange fees each time.
I am attaching details of all nine of them as an edited extract from my bank statement.**
I want the company to refund all these amounts immediately. The total, excluding foreign exchange charges is A$257.76.
**PS. I am unable to work out how to attach the PDF document showing these monthly charges. I tried using the Add Photos tab below but it does't support PDF. Please tell me how to do this.

• Resolution statement

• Hi, Leslee Sharp, I am so sorry that you were charged for a membership that you did not want. We do offer our customers a YES or NO trial to our membership when they order certain items from us. You have the option of saying NO if you do not wish to join our membership program. We are totally transparent about it on our web page, and you are not forced into joining. Our membership program is packed with content that a lot of authors and writers such as yourself find to be extremely beneficial to them. We do offer you a free, 14-day trial to read the content, watch the videos, consume the newsletters and listen to the insider interviews. As stated on our website and within the terms, if the trial is not canceled after the free 14 day trial period, you are then charged for the membership, which you can still cancel at any time and receive a refund. Again, this is not a membership that you are forced to take. IN fact, to be totally transparent on all of our order pages you will see a very visible “No Thanks” option that will NOT put you into our membership, perhaps you overlooked it. We were able to bring your account up, we have processed a refund for the past three months (November, December & January) we have also canceled your membership. You should receive an email from [protected]@WritersLife.org confirming the above. Please find proof of cancellation. Please confirm receipt of the email and refund, thank you, kindest regards.

unauthorized monthly visa card charges.
Le
Jan 23, 2017

Comments

• Av
      27th of Jul, 2017

This is happening to me as well I only bought a few things in writer's life but that was it. I checked my bank and sure enough that was there. All of a sudden after till now I noticed it and was thinking what did I buy today that was $67 when i barely woke up. I was thinking a subscription and went ahead and checked again had to search up and realized it was becuase of this. I didn't know there was a monthly thing going on but I'm probably going to cancel my card if it keeps showing up. I guessed I was the only one with this problem but seems it happened before.

• Ao
      7th of Nov, 2017

hello, you claim that the offer is transparent, but it is not. Membership offers until recently were free and people don't expect them to be linked to a payment, leave alone a recurring one. the statement you mention leaves too much room for misunderstanding, which is proven by the mumber of people who are complaining about this perfectly unjustified practice.

• Cj
      19th of Dec, 2017

I too have just realised my credit card has been charged twice for the same amount and I didn't order anything from Writer's Life apart from paying the postage for a cute writer's notice to give to my sister as she is a writer. It is sad to think that people are being charged a monthly amount for 'nothing'.
    I have emailed the support @ platinummillennium.com in an effort to have my money refunded.

• Fr
      7th of Nov, 2018

I experienced exactly the same today. To my total suprise I was charged yesterday 67 dollares for something I do not remember to have ordered. Right now I will inform my bank that I will not pay, not this amount not any further. Apparently it is not nearly that transparent as the seller claims, as I was not conscious about contracting a membership of whatsoever neither I was willing to. For the simple reason that I don´t need it and never did. I hope the case is solved and my money will be refunded as soon as possible.

• Dt
      30th of Nov, 2018

I have been experiencing the same thing too. There have been deductions of 67.73 for the past three months. I did not order any sort of membership and am only getting daily useless emails. I called last month to cancel this membership I never ordered, yet once again on November 16 my credit card was charged 67.73. My credit card company is working to resolve the first two charges. What a way of doing business.. All I got was a stupid 'free' sign.