[Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing / Writer's Life / unauthorized monthly visa card charges.
I have only just noticed the repetitive pattern of deductions from my Visa Debit Card by this company, because, having bought a few of their online ebooks, I was accustomed to seeing their "Platinum Millennium" details on my bank statement. It was only when I saw the latest one, on 19/01/17, that I decided to check, because I have not ordered anything recently.
To my horror, I found a clear monthly pattern of deductions from my Visa account. The actual amount varies because of the varying exchange rate between the USA and Australian dollar, but is between A$26 and A$28, plus foreign exchange fees each time.
I am attaching details of all nine of them as an edited extract from my bank statement.**
I want the company to refund all these amounts immediately. The total, excluding foreign exchange charges is A$257.76.
**PS. I am unable to work out how to attach the PDF document showing these monthly charges. I tried using the Add Photos tab below but it does't support PDF. Please tell me how to do this.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Platinum Millennium Publishing Customer Care's Response, Jan 30, 2017
Hi, Leslee Sharp, I am so sorry that you were charged for a membership that you did not want. We do offer our customers a YES or NO trial to our membership when they order certain items from us. You have the option of saying NO if you do not wish to join our membership program. We are totally transparent about it on our web page, and you are not forced into joining. Our membership program is packed with content that a lot of authors and writers such as yourself find to be extremely beneficial to them. We do offer you a free, 14-day trial to read the content, watch the videos, consume the newsletters and listen to the insider interviews. As stated on our website and within the terms, if the trial is not canceled after the free 14 day trial period, you are then charged for the membership, which you can still cancel at any time and receive a refund. Again, this is not a membership that you are forced to take. IN fact, to be totally transparent on all of our order pages you will see a very visible “No Thanks” option that will NOT put you into our membership, perhaps you overlooked it. We were able to bring your account up, we have processed a refund for the past three months (November, December & January) we have also canceled your membership. You should receive an email from [protected]@WritersLife.org confirming the above. Please find proof of cancellation. Please confirm receipt of the email and refund, thank you, kindest regards.
More Platinum Millennium Publishing / Writer's Life Complaints & Reviews
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - strange orders on my visa 
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - unauthorized charges on my credit card 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - writer'slife.org and "several other platinum milenneum brand of companies" 
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - two unauthorized credit card charges
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - they took another sum from me for something that I haven't ordered 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - I have an amount on my credit card which is not authorised
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - refund
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - unauthorised deductions plus international fees 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - charge on my visa for “free” sign 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - unauthorized credit card charges