[Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing — unauthorized charges on my credit card
After a call from my credit card company about charges to my account, I went back over my statements and find that this company has charged me $120.58. I decided to check them out and discover that they are behind Writers Life. I did order a "free" book from them, paying a $1.00 mailing fee. Now where the $119.58 comes from, I do not know.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Garner, NC I have been very ill and hospitalized for some weeks which has thrown me behind on checking my statements. I am 82 years old, retired, on a fixed income, and there is no way in the world that I can pay these charges without using my grocery money! What can I do to get help with this and stop any future charges.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Platinum Millennium Publishing Customer Care's Response, Jan 30, 2017
Good day, My sincere apologies for the delay in replying. I am so sorry that you were charged for a membership that you did not want. We do offer our customers a YES or NO trial to our membership when they order certain items from us. You have the option of saying NO if you do not wish to join our membership program. We are totally transparent about it on our web page, and you are not forced into joining. Our membership program is packed with content that a lot of authors and writers such as yourself find to be extremely beneficial to them. We do offer you a free, 14-day trial to read the content, watch the videos, consume the newsletters and listen to the insider interviews. As stated on our website and within the terms, if the trial is not canceled after the free 14 day trial period, you are then charged for the membership, which you can still cancel at any time and receive a full refund. Again, this is not a membership that you are forced to take. IN fact, to be totally transparent on all of our order pages you will see a very visible: "No Thanks" option that will NOT put you into our membership, perhaps you overlooked it. Again, I am so sorry for this mistake and want to make things right with you in whatever way I can, including providing you with a full refund if you wish. I would like to try to make up for you not being satisfied and look forward to speaking with you and I hope you have a great day! Please reply here or reach out to us using any of the contacts means below; Please note that when leaving a voicemail or sending in an email or support ticket, depending on the day and time, it can take up to 72 hours to receive a reply from us. We are open from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern Time Monday – Friday, Email: [protected]@platinumMIllennium.com, Toll-Free: [protected], Phone: [protected], By mail: Platinum Millenium, PO Box 644, Garner, North Carolina 27529, Kindest regards,
More Platinum Millennium Publishing Complaints & Reviews
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - strange orders on my visa 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - writer'slife.org and "several other platinum milenneum brand of companies" 
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing / Writer's Life - unauthorized monthly visa card charges. 
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - two unauthorized credit card charges
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - they took another sum from me for something that I haven't ordered 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - I have an amount on my credit card which is not authorised
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - refund
- [Resolved] Platinum Millennium Publishing - unauthorised deductions plus international fees 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - charge on my visa for “free” sign 
- Platinum Millennium Publishing - unauthorized credit card charges