Pixmania / Order cancelled - full refund not given

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Ordered 3 separate TV's for work - all showing as being in stock, none of them were in stock.

Company took my money even though they were not in stock, and even after I reported to them that this wasn't right - shouldn't advertise stock that is in stock that is not in stock, it still shows on their web page as being in stock, and had to wait 10 days before I got my money back, in the meantime, I ordered another tv - only to find out that this too was out of stock - same story as before. Then I gave them one last try - and ordered a tv that i was assured over the phone was in stock, only to find it wasn't - so i asked them to cancel the order -they said they had cancelled the order and in 10 days I would receive full refund - I didn't - I received partial refund - am £60 short - have rung several times, and the people you get through to say they can only pass a message on to finance, they can't talk to finance, they can't give me a number or email to contact finance on, the same goes for trying to speak for someone in management - they won't put you through to anyone - when you ask then who is going to take responsibility for this - they say it's not their fault - they just work there - I have spent hours on the phone to them - probably paid £50 in phone call costs, and still haven't got anywhere. I am totally not impressed.

Da

Comments

• Ba
      26th of Jun, 2009

I have basically the same problem, I ordered a panasonic hdc-sd20 HD camcorder for a total price of £315, the site said it was in stock so i placed the order, still not received it 13 days later. I called them 4 days ago and asked if they had stock, the sales advisor checked and said yes 30 odd items in stock, then I gave them my order number then she said that my order is still not in stock in a currys warehouse. I said i didnt order from currys and can you give me the camera from the pixmania warehouse, they said they couldnt unless i paid £426 which is the price on the website, i said no i`ll wait, she said ok i will send you an email within 24-48 hours to let me know when it will be in stock. 4 days passed and still no email, i contacted them today and they gave me the same answer NO STOCK, I asked to be put through to a supervisor and was told no as the supervisor would still not be able to help. so i asked for a head office contact information, but was told they didnt have any, so i said cancel the order and was told thay i would get my refund on monday (today is friday) i dont think they should have taken 1 penny out of my account until its being shipped. I just hope that on monday the money has been returned to my account or ill be Pi**ed off.

I WILL NEVER SHOP ONLINE AT PIXMANIA, DIXONS, CURRYS OR PC WORLD EVER AGAIN.

Baz