Philips Plasma HDTV / Spots and lines on TVs Philips!

I purchased a 42" Philips Plasma HDTV approximately 18 months ago. I am pleased with the set except for the following. I have burn in on my screen. It was not caused by a still image on the screen but by long exposure from the sun through a vaulted ceiling half round window. The "spots and lines" are in line with shadows that were cast in certain areas of the screen.

I called Philips and they were absolutely no help and I waited 15 min. to talk to customer service , which I was instructed to take it to an authorized repair center. I argued that the owners manual did not warn against long exposure to the sun. They had no comment.

My warranty is out and I am stuck with expensive damage to my TV. I suggest buying a store warranty for any HDTV set. The only electronic store warranty I suggest.

Tony C
Georgia

Comments

• Le
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Philips Singapore - Home Delivery
    Singapore

Suposed to have a home delivery today. Philips Singapore Missing in action and no call.
    We had cancelled our outdoor activities to wait for this delivery.Very disappointed with Philips Singapore.