Philips Plasma HDTV / Spots and lines on TVs Philips!
I purchased a 42" Philips Plasma HDTV approximately 18 months ago. I am pleased with the set except for the following. I have burn in on my screen. It was not caused by a still image on the screen but by long exposure from the sun through a vaulted ceiling half round window. The "spots and lines" are in line with shadows that were cast in certain areas of the screen.
I called Philips and they were absolutely no help and I waited 15 min. to talk to customer service , which I was instructed to take it to an authorized repair center. I argued that the owners manual did not warn against long exposure to the sun. They had no comment.
My warranty is out and I am stuck with expensive damage to my TV. I suggest buying a store warranty for any HDTV set. The only electronic store warranty I suggest.
More Philips Plasma HDTV Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron
- Phillips 66 - Problems with gas lever causing gas spilling
- Philips Electronics - Philips electronics 55 inch smart tv from walmart black friday 2016