Philips Headphones - model SHS 8000 / Under warrany - company only offering a lesser valued replacement

I purchased a set of SHS 8000 headphones for their specific styling (wrap around the ear, not hard plastic, and a small earbud design). I paid nearly $40 for these headphone because they appeared to be of good quality and had the features I was looking for. I could have easily bought a $10 of readily available headphones but wanted better quality.

These headphones ceased to work after about 6 months - but they came with a 1 year warranty. I contacted Philips customer service by phone, and was told to send in a copy of my receipt via email - which I did. I was then informed that they no longer have these headphones in stock and was given to alternative styles to choose from. One was a simple earbud, the other was a much cheaper (plastic hard version) of a wrap around. Both of these styles can be found online for $10 (and the ones I bought are minimum $30).

After several emails back and forth with philips they have given me no other options, and I feel it is very poor customer service to NOT back up their product, and only offer a replacement of 1/3 the value.

Philips Headphones - model SHS 8000