Philips Headphones - model SHS 8000 / Under warrany - company only offering a lesser valued replacement
I purchased a set of SHS 8000 headphones for their specific styling (wrap around the ear, not hard plastic, and a small earbud design). I paid nearly $40 for these headphone because they appeared to be of good quality and had the features I was looking for. I could have easily bought a $10 of readily available headphones but wanted better quality.
These headphones ceased to work after about 6 months - but they came with a 1 year warranty. I contacted Philips customer service by phone, and was told to send in a copy of my receipt via email - which I did. I was then informed that they no longer have these headphones in stock and was given to alternative styles to choose from. One was a simple earbud, the other was a much cheaper (plastic hard version) of a wrap around. Both of these styles can be found online for $10 (and the ones I bought are minimum $30).
After several emails back and forth with philips they have given me no other options, and I feel it is very poor customer service to NOT back up their product, and only offer a replacement of 1/3 the value.
More Philips Headphones - model SHS 8000 Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Phillips - electronic shaver
- Philips International - smart tv
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron