Philips / unprofessioanl behavior at authorised service centre

1 India Review updated:

I would like to present the bad experience I had in dealing with an authorised philips service centre.

On 3rd May 2008, I visited the Philips service centre near Marathahalli, Bangalore for getting my DVD player repaired. I reached VKS Services and met Mr Subaiya (contact number [protected]). I handed my DVD player over to him. The model of the DVD player is DVP320. I explained him the problem and he told me the repair cost of replacing the lens assembly. I agreed to the cost. He started preparing the paper. I asked him how much time will it take to get it repaired, he told me 15 days. Since I wanted to give the player to our guests who were visiting us for a few days, anticipating usual delays in repair, I requested him to repair it within one week i.e. by 10th May. I left with the papers and with his assurance that it will be done. I was out of town over that weekend and my guests were leaving on 17th, hence I called Mr Subaiya on 14th to check whether the player is repaired. He told me that they havent started the repair of that player and that he will start the work the next day. I told him that I will take the delivery the next day i.e. 15th. When I called him to inquire on 15th, he shamelessly told me that they dont have the spares to repair the player and hence cannot be repaired and told me that if I want I could take it back unrepaired.

My questions are
Why did he not check the availability of spares the day I gave him for repair?
Why did he promise me for the thing he was not able to do?
He had my phone number. Why he has not called me in time to inform me abour his inability?

He and philips have lost my trust with this incident. He has uabashedly lied to me. THis shows a total lack of professionalism. I never expected such a pathetic experience from an AUTHORISED PHILIPS service centre.

He has wasted my 10 days and yet the player is not repaired. I have only one day before the guests leave. How will I get the work done?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009

i do very much agree, even i am facing same problem now its almost 1 month, my 32" LCD TV which has some problems and had been given to philips center RT Nagar branch, i am yet to recieve the TV repaired, instead these people are making gimics they never call back i had been following up with these people for no use, as internationally recognised company they should improve there customer service and keep some professionals

• Ga
      18th of Jun, 2009

Dear Sir,

We would like to bring to your kind notice that, V- Care service center is already terminated.

We request to forward your contact details to the below furnished email ID to enable us to get in touch with you.

Regards,
    Ganesh Kumar .J
    Branch Service Head - Bangalore.
    Philips Electronics India Limited,