Philips / unprofessioanl behavior at authorised service centre
I would like to present the bad experience I had in dealing with an authorised philips service centre.
On 3rd May 2008, I visited the Philips service centre near Marathahalli, Bangalore for getting my DVD player repaired. I reached VKS Services and met Mr Subaiya (contact number [protected]). I handed my DVD player over to him. The model of the DVD player is DVP320. I explained him the problem and he told me the repair cost of replacing the lens assembly. I agreed to the cost. He started preparing the paper. I asked him how much time will it take to get it repaired, he told me 15 days. Since I wanted to give the player to our guests who were visiting us for a few days, anticipating usual delays in repair, I requested him to repair it within one week i.e. by 10th May. I left with the papers and with his assurance that it will be done. I was out of town over that weekend and my guests were leaving on 17th, hence I called Mr Subaiya on 14th to check whether the player is repaired. He told me that they havent started the repair of that player and that he will start the work the next day. I told him that I will take the delivery the next day i.e. 15th. When I called him to inquire on 15th, he shamelessly told me that they dont have the spares to repair the player and hence cannot be repaired and told me that if I want I could take it back unrepaired.
My questions are
Why did he not check the availability of spares the day I gave him for repair?
Why did he promise me for the thing he was not able to do?
He had my phone number. Why he has not called me in time to inform me abour his inability?
He and philips have lost my trust with this incident. He has uabashedly lied to me. THis shows a total lack of professionalism. I never expected such a pathetic experience from an AUTHORISED PHILIPS service centre.
He has wasted my 10 days and yet the player is not repaired. I have only one day before the guests leave. How will I get the work done?
More Philips Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Phillips - electronic shaver
- Philips International - smart tv
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron