Philips 27& Flat screen TV / So Dissappointing!

1 United States

We purchased a Philips 27PT6441/37 27" Flat screen TV on 11/11/04. It died on 12/26/04. (Stopped turning on - started by taking longer and longer to come on) Only a month before a problem. We called Best Buy, they said they would exchange it for us, even though it was over the 30 days already. So, we brought it up and got another one. That one lasted until 02/09/05 - Almost made it to two months with that one before it died! Then we called Philips and went through the hassle with customer service that everyone else complains about (not very helpful people), and we ended up having to take it to a local repair place. We finally got the tv back on 3/17/05, after waiting for them to get the part from Philips. Well, here we are in September 2006, and the tv just died again on the 28th! So we made it past the 1 year mark probably thanks to the repair made by our local repair place, but the same thing has happened again! I have never in my life had a tv that had problems in this short a span of time! We bought Philips because they used to be very reputable. I would say after reading other complaints, along with my experience that is no longer true, and I will never ever buy another Philips product! I will be sure to spread the word as well. Of course since it is past the 1 year mark nothing is covered except the picture tube. No labor, no parts. I bought a tv brand I never heard of from Circuit City that I have had better luck with at this point. So Dissappointing!

T