Peugeot / electrics

England, East Anglia, United Kingdom Review updated:

i bought a Peugeot 407 hdi (06 plate) last year, i took this car for a long test drive with no problems after having the car for three months i started getting alerts on the dash telling me that there is a problem with the rear indicator when braking and rear brake light when indicating, i took the car back to the place of purchase and they under warranty fixed the problem, now months after having that done it now happens on the other side of the car with other warnings coming up and the brake lights don't work properly only when they want to, now its happened to both sides of the car at the rear. I bought this car as a more reliable replacement for the car i had which was a thirteen year old astra ( if having a choice of the two i would have my old one back yesterday) i cant sell this car as its on finance and i would get nowhere near its asking price, I know there are a lot of other people out there with the same problem and if a car company can recall its cars back for a problem in its air bags from ten years ago i think this is a massive safety issue (brake lights ) and Peugeot should stand up and be counted. I have no confidence in this car I will never buy another Peugeot and I will make sure that every one I know will hear about this what a rip off come Peugeot recall these cars and sort out the earth wire problem.

Sa
Apr 18, 2013

Comments

• Ex
      Oct 28, 2013

The problem you had with your brake lights are a common fault on this model, the connections on the back of the lamp are not up to the job and so burn out due to high resistance between the connectors, Peugeot have made a repair kit for this fail which in my opinion shows they admit there is a fault which is a design/manufacturing fault. This being the case they should pay for the repair, contact peugeot customer care and ask them to write to you stating that the rear light connections only last for a period of time and that they need to be replaced as this would be general wear and tear, also ask them if this is a normal thing to do and if other cars in their range have this unique service item that will need to be carried out. I agree with you, it should be a recall and they need to be showing more concern for their customers.