Peugeot 407 Coupee / Appalling service from Peugeot SA
RE: Peugeot reg no TYC282GP. VIN: VF36JUHZJ21455073
I bought a Peugeot 407 Coupee from Peugeot Menlyn in Pretoria South Africa on 2006/07/26. For the first six months my experience with Peugeot was a pleasant one.
On 1 March 2007 the vehicle had to be towed in top the dealership. I was informed the problem is a faulty catalytic converter, and that the part had to be imported from France, with a lead time of approximately 3 weeks.
Three weeks came and went, other parts apparently had to be brought in, and I received an update today that the rear bank turbo needs replacement as well, which also has to be imported from France. Apparently it has been tagged as an “extreme emergency order”. This forces me to make the following assumptions:
• If you purchase a brand new Peugeot, the vehicle will be in the workshop for 33% of the time.
• Peugeot South Africa does not have the parts for vehicles they market in South Africa and gladly sell.
• If your vehicle has not been in for repairs for two months or longer, orders for parts are not seen as an “extreme emergency”.
• South African Peugeot technicians are not trained to operate on Peugeot vehicles.
• Expect a major breakdown within the first 20 000km’s of your spanking new Peugeot. This vehicle has covered 18 000km’s
I am currently paying my monthly installments dutifully for a vehicle which I am not driving. I find it totally unacceptable that a vehicle, with a price tag of close to R400 000, needs to go in for repairs for three months with 18000 km’s on the clock, WITH NO END IN SIGHT, and Peugeot South Africa refusing to commit to a delivery date. This confirms that they have no trust in their brand, and thus neither do I.
I will gladly give the vehicle back to Peugeot South Africa, as I do not want it anymore. Do I have any form of recourse against the manufacturer, and how can I protect my interest as consumer?
Albert van Niekerk
More Peugeot 407 Coupee Complaints & Reviews
- Peugeot Car - Worst car ever
- Peugeot 508 - Repairing
- Peugeot Automobiles Promotion - Peugeot automobiles lottery promotion prize claim (You have been approved for payment 
- peugeot v clic - 50cc moped 
- Peugeot 307 cc - Chassis Number Failure From Peugeot
- Peugeot - the dealer’s offers
- Peugeot - peugeot 508 2015 gearbox urgent
- Peugeot - 508
- Peugeot - peugeot 2008 model 2015 - egypt
- Peugeot - peugeot, 2008 year 2016/ airbag fail