Pep Boys / “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam
Do NOT let this company scam you after offering a sale price. I have, repeatedly, put them on the line over the "miscellaneous shop charge" and have refused service once being told that they will apply it.
If people do not complain, they won't get rid of the charge. A sale price should INCLUDE the miscellaneous incidentals like a dab of grease, a little spring that is a routine part of the job, a bolt, etc... Nothing about the way they add this charge is ethical.
And why do we take this company's bull and still go back? Because they are one of the few who does service on the weekends when we are all off.
Let me also add that Pep Boys' labour rate is now flirting with dealership rates--I have gotten several DEALERSHIP oil/transmission/coolant changes that were LESS THAN Pep Boys.
Consider a change when possible. There are other operations doing walk-in service cropping up everywhere. Patronize them because they're most likely starving for some of Pep Boys' customer base.
I RESENT THE "MISCELLANEOUS SHOP CHARGE"!!
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - scam 
- Pep Boys - poor tire installation
- Pep Boys - workmanship/customer service
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor. 
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!