Pep Boys / false advertisement

Pep Boys
PepBoys Ad telling about oil & filter replacement says, "When the light comes on, bring it in".

When the light comes on, something else is wrong with your car, not an oil change.

I think that this is false advertisement ant should be taken off the air before someone gets sued.

I can easily see someone that has seen this commercial waiting until the light comes on the dashboard, then having to have their car towed into whom ever works on their vehicle and be told that they are going to need an engine or something because they drove there car without proper maintenance because they were waiting for the "light to come on".

D  11th of Jun, 2009 by
If someone is stupid enough to try and wait till a light comes on for an oil change then one of two things. #1 they have a properly working oil life monitor or #2 they are just ###ing ###ed and deserve it when the engine locks up-Chris
N  12th of Jan, 2011 by
The ad for pepboys is speaking of a check engine light coming on, They do free check engine light evals and pull the codes. Most people don't have a light to tell them when it's time for an oil change. I think that this is common sense... well I THOUGHT it was until I read this.
N  2nd of Feb, 2011 by
I bought my tires there in the fall of 2010 .at that time they had a deal going on get all 4 tires and recieve the 4th tire free. suppose to recieve a rebate check for buying all 4 tires.since the 4th tire is suppose to be free.have not heard a word from them . still waiting on the rebate check. payed $700.00 so they are making a bundle off this false advertisement..

I went to the pep boys in sprinfield mo.I am sure they have done this to alot of people . maybe with enough complaints they will up hold what they are advertiseing...

Pep Boys Logo Pep Boys