Pep Boys Auto / bad service
On November 30, 2008, Pep Boys Auto cut the pay rate for service writers and assistant service managers by $5.00/hour and instituted a commission schedule for them to make up the pay cut of $200.00/weekly.
The commissions are 2.5% for parts and labor on a service work order that is rang through the register, 2% on tire sales except for Cornell 1000 tires which is 1% on the amount rang through the register.
Any discounts on the sale reduct the commissions paid.
There is a way Pep Boys can reduce the commissions paid based on the Net Service Producer score (NSP).
There is a web site that customer can go to to rate their experience at pep boys, and they take the results to calculate the NSP score. The negative scores (a 6 or lower) are subtracted from positive scores (9 or 10) and the result score is divided by all responses to get a % an if under 50% the commissions are reduced to 1.5% for parts and labor, 1% for tires and 0.5% for Cornell 1000 tires.
They say the difference is banked and if the NSP score is above the 50% by the end of the quarter the bank is paid to the worker.
Corporate blames the service workers for the decline in revenues. Never mind the country is in a recession; the workers are lazy or inept and can't sell to customers.
Corporate has instituted more paper work & says that the service workers don't fill it out right or completely and that's the reason for falling revenues.
Reminds me of the saying about re-arranging the deck chairs on the TITANIC. Useless make work for the under paid service workers.
More Pep Boys Auto Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor.
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!
- Pep Boys - lied about service they provide/bad customer service 
- Pep Boys - tires, cv axle boot, intake hose