PeoplePC / Bad service

1 1375 Peachtree St., Level AAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

About a month ago I signed up for DSL since I had been so pleased with your dial-up service in the past. I was super excited when I received my DSL Kit and couldn't wait to get it hooked up. However, once I got it hooked up I found that I didn't have a DSL signal. I called Tech Support Three time before I got a hold of someone I could marginally understand.Still I could not understand him enough to know what was supposed to happen. I then Tried e-mailing tech support in hopes that the written word would be more understandable between us. The reply told me to call tech

support.

This took place over the course of several days and in that time I noticed that I had DSL sometimes and no at others. I contacted my own Networking Specialist and he gave me some ideas of things to try but to no-avail.

I've tried taking all of our phones off the line to see if there was a conflict. I have checked and cleaned the phone connection coming into my home. I've tried different jacks in my home, and about every other thing I

can think of.

So my concern is this: I'm going to be billed as if I had internet connection anytime I want it, but I don't. I should just be able to sit done open up my browser and use the internet without not being able to connect or being afraid I'll lose my connection at any moment. I really don't want to leave People PC; we have been with you for years and up 'till now have not had a problem. What can be done?

Thanks So much for your time,

namewitheld

Re: DSL Problems [Ref:5759012]

From: member.services AT peoplepc.com

To: namewitheld AT peoplepc.com

Subject: Re: DSL Problems [Ref:5759012]

Date: Jan 7, 2008 10:06 PM

Read this email and the reply.

Dear namewitheld,

Thank you for writing to PeoplePC Online.

For help with your DSL service please call [protected] to speak with one of

our DSL agents. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Thanks again for writing.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2007
    PeoplePC - Nightmare to deal with!

PeoplePC.com is an internet provider and has recently purchased allvantage.com. I used allvantage for several years without one complaint, in the last few months people pc has taken over and they are a nightmare to deal with. When you call they can never pull your account up and then their information and yours will differ.

I had an existing prepaid 6 month agreement with allvantage for $5.95 per month that would have made me current until September. Peoplepc billed me $9.95 per month for the last 2 months and when I call to get this corrected I always reach someone with a heavy Pakistani accent that wants to argue about my bill. I have asked to just be canceled, emailed for the same thing and asked for a credit. So far no credit so I'm going to challenge the entire broken agreement with my credit card company.

2nd of Oct, 2007
    PeoplePC - Fraud & cheating!

I have canceled there service once already and they issued me a refund. Then months later they started charging my account again and when I asked why they would give me a direct answer. They simply said they were not going to refund and there was nothing i could do about it, they transfered me to 2 supervisors who would not give me conclusive answers, how do you get rid of these guys. I was raised that it was illegal and wrong too steal and yet a big corp such as people pc does and can just get away with it, that is very very wrong!

10th of Apr, 2008

I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.

• Gn
      13th of May, 2008

I received a cancellation confirmation #, and they charged me several more times in addition to having double charged me before that. I sent them emails w/the transaction numbers which were "delayed" or "undeliverable". So, peoplepc is a HUGE ripoff. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. They'd still be charging me if I hadn't gotten a new card. I'll see if there's a class action suit against them, and if so, maybe I can some money back...

• Gn
      13th of May, 2008
    PeoplePC - Double charges-unauthorized charges
    PeoplePC
    Pennsylvania

• De
      10th of Sep, 2008

i recently got people pc fine tune, after i installed it my computer had a mind of its own, it would not turn off or on it did it all by itself i finallly got to, "live chat" with someone at peoplepc and they instructed me to unistall it. i did and my computer is working fine. they said first month free than i look up my account and they billed me for it. i called today and cancelled fine tune and they gave me a free month of dial up and are still going to bill me for fine tune! i am going to write them a letter to unsubscribe and see what happens. if they don't comply then i will cancel my people pc account. i have been a member for two years!

• Wi
      27th of Sep, 2008

I have been with peoplepc for ever. Had dial=up the i also got happy when the DSL was offer, got it and have of the time i cant get on line. have to call tech support almost every other day. I am very discourge with Dsl wont to cancell it call and they said to give them another chance was offer Fine-tune got two disk tried to download through link i was provided freezes up.Was told to contact microsolf about my internet explorer was told that since its was the one that came with my pc, it would cost me 59 bucks to get it fix.keep in mind that ppc said that i needed to upgrade my internet explorer and provided the link.I am on a fix income cant afford all these costs..Peoplepc said that i needed more security on my pc they sent me norton anti=virus. Didn't work had to pay $200.00 to get it debug and restored.The DSL they keep testing and say its is working but it is not if i log off and try to log back on my pc just freeze up need help please

• Wi
      27th of Sep, 2008

i just posted a comment and i totally agree with all the complients with peoplepcDSLI am checking other DSL provider i can't handle it any more. I have had this problem for over a year and still not satified with the DSL services that act like dial-up.Oh yea i run a virus scan daily not once a week and my HOME PAGE JUST LOAD UP HAVE OF THE PAGE IF ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME REAL HELP I WOULD ACCEPT IT HAPPILY IF ITS FREE I AM STILL PAYING MY MONTLY DSL BILL IF THOUGH I CANT USE IT THE WAY IT SUPPOSE TO BE USE AND HOW OFFTEN IT CAN BE USED

• Da
      7th of Nov, 2008

My problem, cannot stay on line long enough to download avg 7.5 from online, grisoft.com/support. On dial up needs about 2 hrs. Expires in May 2009, keep getting message to buy the upgrade avg 8.0, from winferno.What suggest?Get message after save to pc, not a valid fat win 32 program.Nolonger able to order CD from them as now selling 8.0.Lost program after reinstalled win XP upgrade over win ME, have in other devices list 4 items need new hardware for, new drivers, as etherlink, multi audio media, andetc. dragon 52 modem, rebuilt IBM, with win XP w/sp 2-3. Suggest to get drivers online?As get message not in list, download online?? Tanks. DJM

• Pi
      8th of Dec, 2008
    PeoplePC - Misleading promos
    Peoplepc
    1375 Peachtree St.
    Atlanta
    Georgia

I cancelled my ISP service with PeoplePC last July. They told me that they could do that and that they would give me one more month of free service so that I could be assured of a smooth crossover to my new service. Sounds great! But NO. In closely scrutinize my credit card statement I found a $10.95 charge from PeoplePC and discovered that I had been charged that amount monthly since August. I called them to complain and was told that I had agreed to a promotion and had not cancelled my service. I was also told that they had a no refund policy. I talked to 3 reps & 2 supervisors all who were very rude. The last supervisor that I talke to said uless I provided him with a cancellation # from last July there was nothing he could do about and then hung up on me. I filed a complaint with the Alanta BBB.

• Kl
      30th of Sep, 2011
    PeoplePC - peoplepc.com
    peoplepc.com
    peoplepc.com

they overcharged me and than they said i didnt have to pay for the following month because they overcharged me and that they were going to apply credit to my account they never did and they kept on charging my card and they said they wouldnt and they kept on doing it and my bank kept rejecting the charge so i ended up having to pay the bank over two hundred dollars what upset me the most is that they tricked me into giving them my new card number they said it would be just for their records and they lied and ran my card wright away and charged i beleive thats fraud.