PeopleLookup.com / Unauthorized charges

I used peoplelookup.com to look up a former classmate from culinary school First the phone numbers on the report were bogus. It was the same 7 digit number with three different area codes. All three numbers were bogus.

A few days later I get a charge for 14.95 for 24protect plus. I never ordered anything like this. I called once to cancel and the customer service rep did cancel and said it would take one to two billings cycles to get a refund.

I said I never ordered this. Of course he told me I clicked on a banner to order the service. My reply was that I never ordered a rebate and would never order something like this.

I called twice and in each case the customer service reps could use some customer service training.

Comments

• Ge
      30th of May, 2008

I also was charged for a "membership" that I did not have.I paid the $1.99 fee for 24-hour acess, but then they drafted $19.95 out of my account for three months.When i realized what was happening I called them to get my money back.The man said that I subscribed by clicking on the appropriate box approving this in an e-mail.All I got back was $20 they told me that is all they could give back.The information in thier search was all bogus anyways, just to check it while i had access i ran searches on people that I already had current phone and address' for and all that showed up on their search was really old usless info

• Je
      14th of Jul, 2008

I got charged double than what they said and the name was wrong and the numbers were fake. I tried to call and no one would answer. This company needs to be closed down.

• Sh
      12th of Sep, 2008

I had the same experience as Geneva had.
    I paid the $4.99 fee once, but then they charged $19.95 under the name of "PMIdentity" every month until I realized the unauthorized charges. (4 months later)
    It turned out that Peoplelookup and PMIdentity are the same companies. I was able to cancel this "membership" of PMIdentity which I did never sing up and got my money back.
    However, since I contacted Peoplelookup, I have been receiving phone calls from strangers from various states in the U.S.
    They never leave a message and generally hung up very quickly.
    I realized that Peoplelookup/PM Identity were behind of this.
    They have been trying to get me use Peoplelookup again by making these phone calls from strangers. I don't even remember I gave Peoplelookup my phone #!