People PC / Cancellation not

People PC
www.peoplepc.com

To whom it may concern:

I have been trying for a 1 year to cancel People PC. I have called several times to cancel and you can never get to the proper department. I have sent e-mails to cancel and the say I have to call. I understand it only $15 a month but when comes out of your checking account each month it is frustrating. Then for me to stop payment it is another $35.00 and a hassle to go to the bank and file the paper work. So I have paid this rip off PC provider for something I have not used in over a year. I only have internet access at work and do not need the People PC. I am not even sure what my password is all I know is me e-mail address for pepolepc is nfm35 AT peoplepc.com. I am sure that there a several thousand e-mails I do not even go and check because I do not want there service. If you could please help me in this situation I would appreciate it.

Frustrated non user

Deanna Benson

Va

Comments

• Ho
      27th of Sep, 2007

MY MOTHER WAS CHARGED FOR PCPEOPLE ON HER PHONE BILL THEY WILL NOT CANCEL THISAND SHE DONT HAVE A COMP SHE IS 84 YEAR OLD AND IN BAD HEATH. THE ACCOUNT IS IN SOMEONE ELSE NAME BUT 2 # ARE TURN AROUND IN THE PHONE# THEY WILL NOT TALK TO YOU THEY WANT YOUR INF. SO THE CAN CORRCT THERE ACCOUNT BUT STILL PUT IT ON YOUR PHONE BILL

• Lp
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I never heard of PeoplePC until bills for them started showing up on our American Express account. We've already been charged hundreds of dollars for services we never requested and have never used. (I don't even know if we can use them from our area -- and we have cable internet anyway.) We contested the billing with American Express and just learned last night that, apparently, PeoplePC sent them fraudulant information to get Amex to reject our contestation. We are cancelling our Amex card so they can't keep charging us and are going to be in further discussion with Amex today.

10th of Apr, 2008

I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.

• Da
      3rd of May, 2008

I know what you are going through, it is happening to me right now! What a rip-off company!!! I hope someone shuts them down! Did you ever speak to anyone that spoke english well enough to understand what they were saying?

Thanks for your complaint,
    Dale W

• Th
      23rd of Sep, 2008

All last month I couldn't cancel my peoplepc

• De
      25th of Sep, 2008

I WAS CONECTED TO PEOPLE PC-PHONE NUMBER 914-423-1524-I CALLED YOU TO CANCLED ON JUNE 15TH 2007THE PERSON I TALKED TO SAID OK YOU WILL CANCLED TODAY---THE REASON --IT WOULD NOT WORK DIAL UP ---I HAD MANY AND MANY-CALLS-TO-YOUR TECK SUPPORT--THER TRIED TO CONNECT ME BUT NO --GOOD---SO I CALLED AND CANCLED-ON JUNE 15TH2007---I HAD TO GO TO AOL.COM---WERE I AM EMAILING YOU FROM NOW ---YOU--OWE--ME--FROM JUNE 15 2007--UNTILL-NOW-SEPTEMBER-25-2008--AT $15.95 A MONTHCALL ME SO WE CAN TALK--914-423-1524--ASK FOR FRANK------I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD TOLD THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON--TO DISPUTE YOU--YOU WERE STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD--WITH OUT MY PERMISSION

• De