Pella Windows / Slim Shades / Screens / Poor design

Pella Windows
In 2004 we moved into our new home built with all Pella slimshade Windows and doors. Within two months, one of the "raise/lower" devices broke. Local Pella dealer came right out and replaced screen with different design. It works great BUT is completely different in appearance that nine other windows in same room. In addition, none of the slimshades will stay up. They slowly fall to about half way with some of the shades facing up and other facing down. Looks kinda crappy too. Now another screen has a broken cord. All this AND... mosture between the panes! My advice... buy Andersen Windows!!!

N  1st of Jul, 2010 by
I've experienced many of the same problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues. These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995. Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation. Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims. On my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com, you can see photos detailing the defects with my Pella windows and doors.

I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella. If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience so that we may educate consumers. Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey

Pella Corporation Logo Pella Corporation