Pella Windows / Charged me for one product and charged for another

1 501 Fern Creek LNCarolina Beach, NC, United States Review updated:

My Wife and I called this pella sales rep and had him visit our home for direction of ordering the proper window with features that my wife wanted in the window. After about an hour of checking every window in our house and quoting to replace them all "parts only" "when I ask about pella installing the window his response was they are way to high and I should do it myself or have a local carpenter do the job" I decided that we could only afford to have the living room window replaced at this time. The existing window had allot of wood rot around it so I chose to have a contractor install the window and repair all wood damage. It took 6 weeks for them to deliver the new window, because of my choice of contractors we had to install the window two times before it was installed properly and I had to take a day of vacation to bull dog the contractor. Pella was of little help as far as installation goes. After the window was set the second time and a $1000 window above was broken " yes I was left footing the expense of the $1000 window because the contractor has nothing not even a Lic" I fired the contractor once the window was installed correctly and the pella rep came out to view the second installation. That evening when my wife came home the first thing she said was this window does not have the opening feature we ordered. I contacted the pella rep. Jonathan and he said this model does not have that feature, I informed him that we ordered that and even went to his showroom and discussed it with the person at their store. Jonathan said this feature is only on a double hung window and we bought a single hung window. After looking at my contract he has double hung circled then hand written in single hung. He sold us the top of the line window for $790 dollars and we got about a $400 dollar window. Now they are doing nothing not even returning my email or phone calls. If you want to be taken advantage of just give these crooks a call. Sure glad I did not order new windows for my whole house!

My house is a wreck right now, I waited 2 months to get this window delivered and installed then a $1000 window above it got broke by the unlicensed contractor and we had paid $400 to this guy to break our good window. We paid $790 bucks to pella for a window and features that we did not get " we did not realize the swing out feature was not in the new window until it was installed and we were checking out its operation. I still have to reassemble the siding and build new framing around the new window because it was not the same size as the old window. Once again I am taking more vacation time and spending more money to complete this job. Now I am out near $2500 for two windows in my living room and both of them need replacing again.

Ri

Comments

• Ju
      18th of Dec, 2009

I agree, as I have had a similar experience. Unauthorized charges and sent windows that I did not order and sent more windows than I ordered. I called the sales manager, Warren Olson of the Pella Window store in South Bend and he brushed me off. I sent a letter to a Customer Support Specialist, Jana Pfannebecker at the Pella Corporation in Pella, IA.
    She stated that she had contacted Mr. Olson and he indicated that this matter was resolved. This Pella Window franchise is owned by Herbert Kreigh of Scranton, PA. Mr. Kreigh, Pres. of National Building Products in conjunction with Pella Windows and Doors, also has locations in Mishawaka and Chesterton. Herbert Kreigh sent me an email stating that he wanted me to stop communicating to his employees. Pella Windows and Doors has lost the reputation that the family had build for years. The new Pella Windows & Doors CEO, Mel Haught, has spent billions of dollars advertising, since the class action suit. You can't abuse customers and commit fraud without causing unhappy customers Mr. CEO and Mr. Kreigh. Your reputation will be your downfall.

• Ab
      1st of Jul, 2010

I've experienced many problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues. These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995. Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation. Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims. On my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com, you can see photos detailing the defects with my Pella windows and doors.

I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella. If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience so that we may educate consumers. Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey

5th of Oct, 2010

I could not access the above website ( onlinelitigationdiscovery.com ). Is this site still available?